Chapter-7

They entered inside the living room after greeting everyone and they all got settled on the couches.

Akriti's mother and maasi came with trays in their hands as they kept the plates on the coffee table.

"Jai beta lijiye shuru kijiye"

Akriti's mother said while offering him all those delicious food items.

"Mummy.... Apne gulabjamun nahi banaya? "

Akriti said as she looked over the dishes only not to find her favourite gulabjamun.

"Banaya tha beta... But bachega tab na"

Akriti's mother said while side eyeing Ritika as Akriti's eyes snapped towards her sister who was standing beside her mother trying to avoid eye contact with her.

"Toh jai beta aapka kaam kaisa chal raha hai? "

Akriti's father asked as they get involved in a conversation.

Meanwhile Ritika came towards them with a tray to serve the tea. She put the tray on the table.

"Suniye"

............................................................................
                              ( Jai's POV )

"Suniye"

My head snapped towards that voice who was standing beside me offering a cup of tea with probably a fake and forced smile on her face.

"Ji chai"

Chai?..... Why?.... Is my nightmare about to come true??.... N-no no no.... I can't let it happen... I don't want to die at this young age..... What have i done that she is horrifying me like this??

"Ji aap lenge ya phir koi special muhurat nikalwaya jaye apke chai pene ke liye"

"Eeti devar ji chai nahi peete.. "

Thank you so much bhabhi... I owe my life to you-

"Ek kaam karo tum unke liye coffee bana lao"

What??....Coffee??...Isn't that enough already that now she has to make coffee as well?!

"N-no no... Its okay... I-i don't need anything bhabhi"

"Arey kyu nahi devar ji.... Ye bana layegi coffee.. Hai na eeti?

" Coffee?..... Haa kyu nahi.. Bilkul... Abhi bana ke laati hu.... CoOfFe~"

I can sense the danger in that voice. Bhaag jai bhaag.. Agar tujhe zinda rehna hai.. To bhaag ja....iss ladki ke iraade nek nahi hai...

"Uh bhabhi hum-"

I was interrupted by the ringing of my phone. Who is this?!!... Whoever it is... I am gonna hug that person!!....for saving my life!!!... I thought as i picked up that call.

"Hello?........... What?............ I m coming"

I get up as i stand little away from that evil little girl.

"Bhabhi ab hum nikalte hai.. Kuch zaruri kaam aa gaya hai....tab tak aap enjoy kijiye"

I said while touching the feets of the elders.

"Beta itni jaldi?... Apne to kuch khaya bhi nahi"

Akriti's mother said in a little sad tone.

"Agli baar hum lunch kar ke hi jaiyenge aunty... I promise"