Chapter-19

"Jai.."

Virat called his brother while getting down the stairs along with his wife.

"Ha bhai"

Jai replied while he tried to get off from his wife's tight grip.

"Sab thik hai na?"

Virat asked walking towards another couple as he took out his phone to turn on the flashlight with his wife who was still tightly grabbing onto him.

"Ji bhai sab thi--"

Jai's answer was cut off in the middle by an evil laugh which echoed in all over the haveli.

~~Ami Je Tomar
Sudhu Je Tomar
Ami Je Tomar~~

The jingling sound of the payal also came when the song started playing, like someone is dancing.

"M-M-Monjolika!"

Ritika whispered as she wrapped her arms around Jai's neck to hide her face in fear, making him choke by her tight grip.

While Akriti stood froze close to her husband's chest, who immediately aimed his flashlight towards the voice which was coming from the upstairs corridor.

Virat aimed the light at the particular creature he spotted, standing at the corridor, which was looking evil in that red saree with those long hair covering the face and hands covered in blood.

Akriti's eyes popped out when she saw that while Virat knew who it was, but before he could do anything, his feet stumbled when Akriti aka his wife jumped on him hugging like a koala, making his phone slip over from his hand.

Her action made him so stunned to react to anything while his free hand instantly went to hold her waist as the other went over the head of the sofa for support.

And at the same time, when Ritika's eyes fall on that figure it makes her eyes widen, and she grabs onto Jai's neck more tightly.

"Bhoot!! Monjolika ka bhoot!!"

She screamed making him choke, who was already out of breath now.

"H-humara gala.."

He struggled to free himself but instead she jumped making him lose his balance before landing on the floor with her, making a thud sound.

Ands thats when the lights turned on.

"Ye sab kya ho raha hai?!!"

Dadi ji, who just entered the haveli along with other family members, yelled looking at the scenario in front of her eyes.

Akriti, who was having her arms clutched around her husband's neck, looked up only to find everyone standing at the entrance. She immediately gets down, not having enough strength to look up, she was only looking at the floor while fidgeting her fingers in nervousness.

While Virat cleared his throat as he looked towards his family members, trying not to look awkward, which he already was.

Meanwhile Ritika, who was lying over Jai with his hands around her waist, looked up with her wide eyes while Jai was in his own deep agony because of his back.

"Hayeee...humari kamar"

Jai cried in pain with his closed eyes as Ritika immediately got up from him, before coming to stand beside her sister.

"Becharo ka accha khasa romance kharab kar diya mummy ji ne"

Kajal whispered to payal as they were just standing behind Dadi maa.