Chapter-17

"AHHHHHH!!!!"

Virat, who just entered the room after doing his exercises, flinched when he heard Akriti's scream from inside the washroom as he immediately rushed towards the door.

"Kya hua Akriti??!!Aap theek to hai na??"

He asked in a panicked voice as he knocked on the door.

"D-dekho... Humare kareeb aane ki koshish matt ka--AHHHH!!"

Virat eyes went dark when he heard her words and knocked twice on the door harshly after he heard her scream again.

"Akriti darwaza kholiye!! Kaun hai andar?!"

Virat said in a threatened yet concerned voice as he was worried for his wife because in his world, he has more enemies than friends.

"Dur raho humse gande ja--AHHHH VIRAT JI!!..BACHAIYE HUME!!"

Now he was ready to barge inside after grabbing his gun from the drawer.

"Hum andar aa rahe hai Akriti!"

He informed her before barging open the door while loading his gun in his hands only to find his wife standing in the corner, covering her half face with her saree's pallu.

"Kidhar hai?!!... Kidhar hai wo?!!"

Virat asked in his stern yet threatening voice while looking at his horrified wife.

"W-wo... Apke saamne"

"Kaha?!!....Humare saamne to koi nahi hai?!"

He asked while looking around to find no one there.

"Arey wo dekhiye apke neeche!...Wo cockroach apke neeche hi hai!!"

Virat crossed his eyebrows in confusion at her reply.

"Cockroach?..... Kaha-----COCKROACH!!"

He jumped when he saw that small creature on the floor just beside his feet before running to hide behind Akriti.

"Baghaiye use Akriti!"

He said in a frightened tone as he held her waist, pulling her closer for his own protection.

"Hum baghaye?!!.... AAP bhagaiye!!"

She replied as she turned her head to look at her scared husband behind her.

"H-hum??....hum kyu??....Arey Aap Virat Pratap Singh Rajput ki biwi hai... Ye kaam aap bhi kar sakti hai!!"

He said trying to defend himself but soon he screamed when he saw that cockroach flying closer to them.

"Aap chilla kyu rahe hai---AHHHH!!!..BHAAGOOO!!!"

"AREY HUMARE SAATH BHAGIYE!!"

She ran holding up her saree plates as her husband followed her by grabbing her pallu, but suddenly her leg slipped as she held Virat's T-shirt collar for support making him disbalanced as well, and both of them ended up falling together inside the bathtub which was just behind Akriti.

"Ouch!"

She yelped in pain with her closed eyes as her back hit the cold surface of the bathtub while Virat lifted up his face from the crook of her neck to look at her with his worried expression.

Her small petite figure was under him as he supported his body with his right hand which was resting beside her face. She slowly opened her eyes only to find him already staring at her, the thin gold chain which was hanging around his neck, touched her chin lightly.