Chapter-20

"B-bulbul?....k-kaun bulbul?"

Akriti asked as she looked at him with a fearful expression.

"Wahi...jiska shareer to jal chuka hai...par aatma abhi bhi zinda hai"

He said in his serious tone while looking into her eyes, horrifying her even more.

"A-aatma!....V-virat ji....w-wo kya..b-bulbul ji ki aatma thi?"

She curiously asked again with her worried face as she instantly settled beside him while gently holding onto his arm.

Virat took a deep breath before sliding down her hands into his softly.

"Jaane dijiye Akriti...hum apko ab darana nahi chahte......aap bas itna samajh lijiye..ki iss haveli mein humare alawa..koi aur bhi rehta hai....jo aksar raat ko iss talash mein hota hai..ki kab wo apne saalo puraane badle ki aag ko shant kar sake..."

Shiver ran down her spine after hearing all those words from her husband.

"To aap zara sambhal kar rahiyega...kyuki use sundar...aur bholi bhali ladkiyo se sakt nafrat hai"

She gulped looking at her husband in pure terror, who was directly looking into her eyes trying to maintain that serious look on his face.

"A-aur agar wo...h-humare paas..a-aa gayi to?"

She asked in her quivering voice looking at him with her doe yet frightened eyes, while he just raised his eye brows.

"Hmm...to ek kaam kariye....aap raat ko humare kareeb hi raha kariye....agar aap humare saath rahengi~..to shayad wo apke paas na aaye"

He said in his serious yet assuring tone trying to persuade her while her eyes shine upon hearing his words.

"Sach mein?"

She asked with a hope in her voice to which he nodded while trying to supress his laugh.

"Par.....apke kareeb hi kyu?.... Hum maa, choti maa ya phir eeti aur Naina ke paas bhi to reh sakte hai na?"

She asked again with her crossed eyebrows making his face turned into a serious one as he gave her a blank stare.

"Apko nahi lagta ki wo chaaro bhi aap hi ki category mein aati hai"

He said forcing a smile on his face to which she gasped in realization.

"Ye to humne socha hi nahi..."

"To ab soch lijiye.......tab tak hum change kar ke aate hai"

Virat said before getting up to walk towards the washroom but was held back by Akriti's grip on his wrist, making him look at her.

"Par kyu?... A-aap aise bhi to soo sakte hai na?"

She said giving him a pleading look while he held back her hand caressing it.

"Akriti~...hum bas kapde badalne hi to jaa rahe hai"

He softly said trying to convince her but she wasn't having it.

"Haa par zarurat kya hai uski?...Aap to waise bhi upar ka nikal ke hi sote hai"

He was taken aback when she blurted out those words as she wasn't having any intention to let him go.

Meanwhile:

"K-kaisi kahani?.."

Ritika asked in a terrified tone while he just kept looking upwards in a dramatic way.