Chapter-56

Akriti and Ritika stood frozen, their eyes locked with that unknown man, their faces etched with shock. The man, returned their gaze, his expression a mix of confusion and surprise.

Suddenly, a loud, shrill voice pierced the air, shattering the stillness.

"Prem Bhaiyaaaa aapp~~~!"

Akriti and Ritika flinched, their eyes widening further. That man's eyes snapped towards the source of the voice, his face contorting in surprise. He flinched, his shoulders tensing, as he turned to face the newcomer.

Kajal burst into the kitchen, while Prem forced a smile onto his face, holding up a hand in a futile attempt to stem the tide of Kajal's enthusiasm.

"Nahi nahi nahi~"

He protested, his voice low and placating.

Kajal ignored his plea, marching towards him with an unstoppable momentum. She reached out, grasping Prem's shoulders, and shook him vigorously.

"Kitne dino baad aayee hain aap!~~Bilkul nahi badle ekdam pehle jaise hi hain!"

Prem allowed Kajal to shake him, his expression resigned. Akriti and Ritika watched the scene unfold, their faces frozen in confusion.

They stared, owl-like, their eyes wide and unblinking. Their minds struggled to process the sudden arrival of Kajal and her explosive enthusiasm.

Kajal grasped Prem's wrist firmly, her grip warm and insistent. She pulled him out of the kitchen before he could utter a word, leaving Akriti and Ritika staring after them in confusion.

"Chaliye aapko sabse milwate hain!~ Sasu maa toh fule nahi samayengi~"

Kajal exclaimed, her voice bubbling with excitement.

Prem stumbled slightly, caught off guard by Kajal's sudden movement. His eyes darted back to Akriti and Ritika, but Kajal's pull was unstoppable.

Akriti and Ritika exchanged bewildered glances. Before following Kajal, they gestured to the servants.

"Aap log breakfast dining table pe le chaliye hum aate hain"

Akriti instructed, the servants nodded, scurrying to attend to the cooking.

They both hurriedly walked out of the kitchen, their curiosity piqued.

As they entered the living room, they saw Prem standing before Dadi ji, touching her feet. Dadi ji's face broke into a warm smile, her eyes shining with affection.

"Jeete rahiye"

Dadi ji blessed, her voice gentle.

Akriti and Ritika exchanged puzzled glances. Who was this man, and why was Dadi ji treating him like family?

Just then, Payal's voice echoed from the entrance, her tone sharp.

"Ye yaha kya kar raha hai?"

Payal walked into the living room, her eyes fixed on Prem. Her expression was detached, uninterested. She handed the puja thali to the servants, her movements elegant.

Prem's face froze, his smile faltering for an instant. He recovered quickly, plastering on a fake smile.

"Arey meri pyaari sauteli behen~"

Prem said, his voice dripping with artificial warmth.

Payal's gaze lingered on Prem, her expression unreadable. Her eyes narrowed slightly.

(Prem Raghuvanshi, Payal's elder brother, is a charismatic and handsome entrepreneur in his mid-50s, with a youthful sparkle in his eyes. Despite his success as the owner of a sprawling hospitality empire, comprising numerous restaurants and resorts across India and expanding globally, Prem remains a bachelor, his heart still anchored to his childhood sweetheart, Preeti. With a playful streak, he delights in teasing Payal, often pushing her buttons with affectionate annoyance. Prem's love for his family is boundless, extending to his four younger nieces and nephews - Virat, Jai, Advik, and Naina - whom he spoils with unconditional affection. His passion for fine dining and premium whiskey is matched only by his business acumen, having built a culinary kingdom that rivals the best. Prem's warmth, wit, and gentle humor make him a beloved figure, respected by peers and cherished by family, even as his unwavering devotion to Preeti remains an enduring enigma)