Chapter-18

As Jai left, Dadi maa also left the dining area in anger making everyone more upset at their behavior.

Raj and Shekhar also get up to leave but before they do so they were stopped by Virat.

"Koi kahi nahi jayega..."

Virat said with his stern yet calm voice while looking down at the table with his tightly fisted palms as everyone looked at him.

"Aaj Iss ghar ki choti bahu ki pehli rasoi hai.....Aur hum nahi chahte ki aap log yaha se bina khaye jaye.....Isliye baith jaiye"

He continued as he slowly looked up to meet his father's and uncle's gaze with his dominant ones who were already looking at him with their defeated look.

They knew he was right and also very well aware of the fact about his anger issues.

So in a defeat they settled back down on their chairs as Akriti helped Ritika to serve them.

***************************************

"Hume bhukh nahi hai"

Jai said to Ritika in a cold tone who was standing with the food tray in front of him just at her sister's request.

Everyone complimented her food except those two people who were not even present at the dining table.

Her in laws gifted her khaandani bangles and a pair of beautiful diamond anklets, she was happy to receive gifts from her loved ones especially her di and jiju who gifted her a diamond set as her pehli rasoi gift but soon all her happiness went in drain when her sister aka jethani told her to bring food for her angry husband.

Ritika gave him a blank stare being done by his behavior. She was annoyed because she was hungry and now he was making her more annoyed by showing his stupid nakhre.

"Thik hai tab mai kha le--"

"Arey aise kaise bhukh nahi hai devar ji....apko khana padega..Apne kal raat se kuch nahi khaya hai"

Akriti, who was standing beside Ritika, cut her off in the middle by grabbing the food tray from her hands before she even took a bite and put in on the table in front of Jai.

Ritika blinked her eyes with her mouth open in shock as she can't believe her own sister doing this to her.

Akriti sat down on the couch in front of him with the plate as Jai looked at her and open his mouth to say something but before he could even utter a word his mouth was stuffed with the food.

"Di... Maine bhi kal raat se kuch nahi khaya hai...mujhe bhi bhukh lagi hai"

Ritika said as she tried to digest the toxic reality in front of her eyes while Jai was little shocked to know that his wife is a good cook.

"Pehle devar ji kha le uske baad tum kha lena... Thik hai?"

Akriti said as she looked at Ritika who was now dumbstrucked after hearing her sister.

"Kaisa hai devar ji?~"

Akriti asked to Jai while wiggling her eyebrows as he blinked his eyes twice.

"Hmm...Accha hai but....wo swaad nahi hai jo apke khane mein rehta hai bhabhi.....hume lagta hai abhi inhe aur practice ki zarurat hai"

Akriti crossed her eyebrows as she heard his complaint about her food because she knew that her sister is a good cook while he was just trying to tease his wife to which he was succeeded into, Ritika was looking at him in disbelief with her squinted eyes.