Chapter-40

Akriti and Ritika sat side by side on the sofa, their faces aglow with delight as they indulged in the sweet, syrupy goodness of gulabjamun.

While Virat and Jai, who were sitting opposite to them, watched with a mixture of amusement and exhaustion, their faces show a picture of tired tolerance.

"Aap inhe dekhiye...hum change karke aate hai"

Virat said to Jai to watch over them while getting up to change into his casual clothes causing Jai to nod.

"Jaldi aayega bhai...hume bhi change karna hai"

He replied while leaning back over the sofa trying to relax while Virat just moved towards the bathroom.

Jai closed his eyes trying to calm his mind from the earlier chaos but his peace of mind was interrupted when he felt his kurta being pulled by someone.

He opened his eyes before turning to look towards that person which was his wife who was innocently looking at him.

"MiThAi wAlE uNcLe~~AuR gUlAbJaMuN cHaHiYe~~"

She spoke in her drunken voice causing Jai to roll his eyes in disbelief as he was so done with her antics now.

"Nahi milega"

He spoke coldly before turning away his body from her side causing her to pout at his response.

"PaR hUmE AuR kHaNa hAi uNcLe!~~"

She spoke again pulling his kurta causing him to fiercely turn towards her.

"Humne kaha na nahi milega!!"

He spoke in his high pitched voice while glaring at her as he was getting irritated now.

"De dIjIye nA bHaIyA~hUmE aApke gUlAbJaMuN bOoOhOttt pAsAnD hAi~~"

Akriti spoke innocently while forwarding the bowl towards him causing him to look at her with his little wide eyes.

Jai's ear turned bright red as he realized the double meaning behind the innocent sounding sentence.

"HaA~~hUmE bHi~"

Ritika said agreeing with her sister causing him to look away in embarrassment.

"Oh god i need to clear my head as soon as possible!"

He mumbled while shaking his head in disbelief before shifting his eyes towards them who were already looking at him with their puppy eyes.

"Accha laa rahe hai....par aap kahi nahi jayengi!...chup chap se idhar hi baithe rahiyega jab tak hum wapas nahi aa jate"

He strictly spoke ordering them to which they obediently nodded like kids before getting up.

As he turns to leave, he notices his wife has a smudge of sweet syrup on the corner of her lips.

He can't help but pause mid-step, his hand instinctively reaching out to gently wipe the syrup away. And, in a tender moment, he licks the remaining sweetness off his finger.

As his gaze then shifts towards Akriti, he's met with a similar sight - her lips are also adorned with a sticky smear of syrup.

However, instead of repeating the tender gesture, he's struck by a sudden awkwardness, realizing he can't quite replicate the intimate gesture with his sister-in-law, he quickly recovers by offering her a tissue to clean up the mess, his face flushing with a hint of embarrassment.

"B-bhabhi wo..kuch laga hai..s-saaf kar lijiye"

He spoke awkwardly while she was just looking at him dumbfoundedly. He quickly moved his feet out of the room leaving those two there.
___________________________________________