Chapter-42

At night:

The room was cozy and dimly lit, the soft glow of the TV screen illuminating the sisters' faces as they watched their favorite series.

Akriti and Ritika sat on the bed, their legs crossed, and their eyes fixed on the screen. The room was filled with the scent of fresh laundry and the faint smell of popcorn, which they had been snacking on earlier.

Akriti was engrossed in the show, her eyes shining with excitement, her mind fully invested in the characters and their stories. She was enjoying the light-hearted romantic comedy, and it was taking her mind off Virat's departure.

Ritika, sensing Akriti's engagement, smiled to herself, happy to see her sister distracted from her worries. She put her arm around Akriti's shoulders, pulling her close, and they both settled in to watch the rest of the episode.

Meanwhile, Jai, still sulking in his room, couldn't help but feel a little annoyed that Ritika had left him to be with Akriti. He had tried to persuade her to stay with him, but she had insisted on going to Akriti's room, to be with her sister in her time of need.

Jai's eyes were fixed on the TV, but his mind was elsewhere, his thoughts consumed by his frustration and disappointment.
............................................................................

Akriti got up from the bed.

"Eeti hum neeche se ice cream le ke aate hai"

She said to Ritika, who nodded in agreement, her eyes fixed on the TV screen. Akriti left the room, and Ritika continued watching the series, munching on the popcorn they had been snacking on earlier.

Just as she was getting engrossed in the show, a notification popped up on her phone, distracting her focus. She picked up the phone, expecting it to be a trivial notification, but her eyes squinted in annoyance when she saw a message from her husband, Jai.

📱"aap aa rahi hai ki nahi Ritika?"

The message read. Ritika rolled her eyes and replied.

📱"nahi hum nahi aa rahe"

Before putting her phone back on the bed and refocusing on the TV.

But within seconds, another message popped up, disturbing her again. She looked back at the phone, and her eyes narrowed when she saw Jai's message.

📱"soch lijiye"

She scoffed and ignored it, but her annoyance grew when another message popped up within seconds.

This time, she picked up her phone to reply, but her eyes widened in shock when she saw a picture of herself sleeping weirdly with her mouth open. The picture was taken by Jai, and Ritika's face flushed with anger. She quickly texted.

📱"ye photo aapne kab li?!! Delete kariye isko abhi!"

But even after seeing her text, Jai didn't reply, which made Ritika get up from the bed, determined to confront him.

She marched outside the room, her phone still clutched in her hand, her eyes blazing with annoyance, towards Jai's room, ready to give him a piece of her mind.

Ritika banged open the door, her anger and frustration palpable in the air. She found Jai sitting on the sofa, watching TV and eating melons, seemingly oblivious to her presence.

She marched towards him, her flats clicking on the floor, and stood facing him, her hands on her waist, blocking the view of the TV.

Jai looked at her with a calm face, his eyes expressionless, and said.