Chapter-28

"Eeti"

Akriti, who just entered the hallway to call her sister, spoke when she saw her walking through the corridor causing her to stop in her way.

"Tum yaha kya kar rahi ho??...Chalo sab--"

Akriti said while climbing the stairs but stopped in the mid when she noticed her face.

"Kya hua eeti???"

She worriedly asked taking steps closer to her sister who immediately hugged her before bursting out crying.

"Di...m-mujhe nahi rehna hai i-idhar"

Ritika sobbed while holding onto her sister tightly who was confused yet scared at her sister's condition.

"Hua kya hai akhir???"

Akriti asked again while trying to calm her down by caressing her back but instead of replying to anything she just continued to cry.

"Accha tum idhar aao pehle"

She spoke while holding her wrist before pulling her to walk towards her room. She walked inside her room and closed the door behind.

"Eeti rona band karo aur batao hume ki hua kya hai??...aur...ye sab kya hai??"

Akriti said with a concerned yet confused look on her face when her eyes fell on that paper which Ritika was holding while crying non stop. She grabbed the paper from her hand causing that half broken nuptical chain to fall on the floor.

Akriti's eyes went towards that broken chain before lifting her head to look at her sister with a shocked face who also lifted her red teary eyes to look at her. Akriti immediately turned her eyes to look at that paper.

"Divorce???!"

She said in a high pitched voice while looking at Ritika with her crossed eyebrows.

"Ye-- Ye sab kya hai Eeti??!!...ye divorce papers?!..Inn sab ka akhir kya matlab hai??!!....kuch bol kyu nahi rahi ho tum?!!"

Akriti spoke while shaking that paper in front of her face.

"Hum Kuch Puch rahe hai tumse RITIKA!! YE SAB KYA HAI?!!"

"HUME NAHI PATA DI!!.....hume kuch bhi nahi pata"

Ritika burst out while crying hardly in front of her sister who was standing having an angry look on her face.

"KYA NAHI PATA TUMHE HAA??!...YAHA PAR SAAF SAAF DIKH RAHA HAI KI YE TUMNE SIGN KIYA HAI--"

"YE MERI SIGN NAHI HAI DI!!..HUME TO YE BHI NAHI PATA KI YE PAPERS JAI KE PAAS AAYE KAHA SE??!"

Ritika cried trying to make her sister understand her point of view.

"Sab kuch theek chal raha tha di!..hume unke saath rehna accha lagne laga tha!..ek pal ke liye to hume laga ki..wo iss rishte ko ek chance dena chahte hai..ek mauka dena chahte hai!! Lekin nahi!!...aaj unhone hume galat saabit kar diya!"

She spoke again bursting out her inner feelings in front of Akriti who was in perplexion after hearing her words. Ritika bent down to pick up that broken chain.

"Unhe ek second nahi laga ise todne mein di!..aisa lagta hai unhe aadat ho gayi hai hume dukh pahuchane ki..us raat bhi unhone aisa hi kiya t--"

"Uss raat??"

Akriti asked in the middle with a questionable look on her face causing her sister to look at her with a broken yet tearful face.
............................................................................