The Year Of '85

A/N
This is the sequel to Opposites. If you have not read the first book, go and read it otherwise none of this will make sense to you!.

Enjoy, my Munson babies <3.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AUTHOR'S POV

Kimberly looked up at her father from her hospital bed, a grim determination in her gaze. She had come too far to falter now, but she knew how much she was leaving behind. She knew just exactly the difficulties she would face due to this decision, but it was what she needed.

The decision would have been that of easy if it wasn't for Eddie, or Steve, or the kids; they were what caused that gut wrenching twist in Kimberly's stomach at the thought of leaving and never returning back to Hawkins.

She was ready to start fresh. Ready to erase the trauma from her past and embrace the hope of a better future.

"I can't return to the life I once had, dad..." she whispered. "Not after what she did." Her voice was broken, shattered into a million pieces with a look of despair circling her eyes.

Hack didn't quite understand what his daughter was gesturing at. "I'll take care of you, pumpkin. I always have, havent i?." A shattered smile appeared across his face as he grasped Kim's hand in his own.

Kim blinked once at the man, hoping he could read into her soul and feel the torment pulling at her heart strings.

She didn't want him to look after her, she wanted out of this place.

"Dad.." she whispered despondently to him, her fingers wrapping tightly around his own. "I have to leave." Her words held different connotation to what he had expected them to mean.

Hack felt the shock flood through himself as he realised what Kimberly was talking about.

"You - Pumpkin.. I don't- y-you want to fake your own..death?." The speed of Hack's words were slow and hesitant, but now he knew exactly what it was that his daughter wanted - what she needed.

"How do I look them in the eye and tell them that I'm okay?. How do I survive in a world where all that follows me is grief and sorrow..emptiness?." Kimberly's words faltered for a second as she thought of the life she would have to live if she didn't do this. "I can't-" she paused and closed her eyes, trying to force the tears to soak back into her tear ducts. "-if I don't do this, then I'm going to be stuck in a cycle of misery for the rest of my life, and I know i don't deserve that, dad." Kim's words were honest, and she was hoping that her father would help her along the way, because it was possible without him, but not impossible.

Hack stayed silent for a few moments, his brain on auto pilot as Kimberly's words ate away at the flesh of his cerebrum.

"Okay." Hack whispered with his head lowered. This wasn't ideal for the father, but he'd do anything for his little girl, now more than ever. "What do you have in mind?." Hack sat up straight in the hospital chair and waited for his daughter's response.

"Your friend, Dr Daniels, does he still work with the pathologist from Wisconsin?." Kimberly slowly pushed herself up the bed, little groans escaping through her mouth as her body pulsated in agony.