Part Of The Plan

A/N
Not too long left of this book now :/ I will try to prolong it out until I can't anymore, but I'm excited to bring this universe to a close - I think I probably should've done that at the last book..

Anyway -

Enjoy, My Munson Babies <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KIMBERLY CASSIDY

I hadn't EXPECTED to get caught out by Eddie. Maybe I shouldn't have UNDERESTIMATED him the way I had, thinking he was still as naive as he had been all those years ago - I knew he followed me at every chance he got, had Steve watch out for me; it was EXHAUSTING and annoying, but I wasn't going to stop changing my future because of that.

Things were going smoothly with the TOPS, business running as usual; I gained some, I lost some - revenge and my mind. Sometimes I wondered if it was worth it. I wondered if slowly draining the life out of myself was worth watching hers fade away.

I didn't know the answer anymore.

It was a late night; Thursday 2nd January 1994. 10:45pm. I snuck from the house, like I was 15. He couldn't follow me. He wouldn't. Not whilst James and Jen slept peacefully. He wasn't that desperate to find out what I was doing behind his back.

Don't get me wrong; I felt immense guilt for plotting vengeance against Maureen without his knowledge, right under his nose, in front of his eyes even though they were only half open - He knew along the lines of what I was doing, but he couldn't fully grasp the exact details of my actions.

I had only one thing on my mind as I stepped outside into the cold night air; to finish this.

It was freezing - my breath materialized into a misty cloud before each exhale. I pulled my jacket tighter, the fabric rustling slightly as I walked.

My heart was pounding in my chest with a mixture of anger and determination. I was about to do something reckless, something stupid. But I couldn't stop myself. I needed to see this through.

I'd never been so fortunate to have things go my way so fast - for years I'd been waiting for this moment, my moment.

But now that the moment had come, I couldn't help but feel a pang of doubt. Was I really doing the right thing? Was revenge really going to make me feel any better?.

No. I pushed the thought aside. This was what I had been working towards for years. There was no turning back now.

The door creaked open, heavy and eerie. I winced at the sound, not accustomed to loud noise in the night - it raised suspicion.

I felt as though I shouldn't have been there, in that abandoned warehouse I didn't know - the only time we used decrepit buildings was for the illegal activities in whatever the TOPS were involved in.

I honestly had no clue what they were anymore - they started out good and pure, their intentions to help the people fight back against the government, the corrupt. Now, it had shattered. It crumbled and there was nothing left that remained sacred.

They were a crime organisation now, and I'd gotten myself in way too deep with them.

I stepped quietly into the darkness, the soft glow of a nearby streetlight filtering in through the broken windows, casting long shadows across the floor.