Family Man

A/N
So, I went to a festival last weekend (that's why I didn't upload) and it was so good but I GOT TO SEE DOJA AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS hehehehe.

Anyway -

Enjoy, My Munson Babies <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDDIE MUNSON

Time was of the essence for me and my family, because sooner or later ... shit was bound to be destroyed; whether that be by Chrissy, or myself.
And, I'd changed a lot since high school, partially due to the pain of Kim's 'death', but mostly because life wasn't easy and it wasn't designed to be. The adults in our live's hide things from us for a reason, and it isn't until you're an adult yourself that you understand why they hid it all from you.
Life was unmistakably hard and I just wished I could be that teenage boy again.

As of today, it had been exactly two weeks since I had won custody over James and Jen, and although I wasn't sure how it would all go down afterwards, I was sure as shit glad to have beaten that battle.

Chrissy was allowed visitations, only because I said so though. I didn't see it fair that my children grew up without at least knowing their mother, or the version of her they would always know, but surprise surprise - she only turned up when she could be bothered.

I saw how much this pissed Kim off. Kim had always wanted to start a family with me, and knowing that I already had a family with someone else hurt her, I could tell, but she chose to love my children like they were ours, so when their own mother didn't bother to come and see them, it angered Kim, because she'd give anything to be to them what Chrissy was supposed to be.

During the whole process, me and Kim had had a sit down and spoke about the future; where we would live, how we would get around without people getting suspicious..things that we really shouldn't have had to speak about but inevitably we had to because at one point in her life she was weak and vulnerable and she chose the wrong path in her life, whether it lead to the right one eventually.

We knew we couldn't stay in her apartment - it wasn't very kid friendly - but she also didn't want to just pack up and leave.

"They can't stay at Wayne's forever, baby." My lips were gentle on the side of her face as I held her waist from behind. "He's getting on in life now. I don't really want him dying of stress." I chuckled and rubbed my thumb over her hip.

Kim sighed and nodded. "I know, but it cost me a lot of money, this place..I can't see myself just leaving like it means nothing to me." Her tone was a whisper, almost too quiet for me to hear.

As I heard Kim's soft words, my heart ached for her. This apartment was more than just a place to live; it was a symbol of her resilience and independence.

"I understand, love. I do." I replied, my tone soft and sympathetic. I pulled her closer, pressing my body against her back as I leaned down to rest my chin on her shoulder. "Leaving this place feels like a betrayal to everything you've been through." Kim leaned into me, her body molding against mine as I held her close. I could feel the tension in her shoulders, the conflicted emotions swirling within her. "But, honey," I continued gently, my hand rubbing soothing circles on her hip. "There are more important things in life than material possessions."

Leaning down, I nuzzled my face into the side of her neck, my lips brushing against her skin in a gentle kiss.

"We have each other, we have our kids. That's what matters most." I whispered gently, the sound of my voice as I said our family pulling at my heartstrings.