Us As Individuals

A/N
Nothing to write here today - I hope you guys enjoy this chapter x

Enjoy, My Munson Babies <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KIMBERLY CASSIDY
I was both physically and mentally aware of who I had become, of what I had achieved to develop into the person I was right now; today was a gentle reminder that Kimberly Cassidy had switched. She was long gone.
Subconsciously, I knew what I was doing was wrong - in many more ways than I cared to explain; I just knew it wasn't right.
If Eddie were to see what I had succumbed to, he'd divert back to Chrissy without a second thought. I wouldn't blame him - I was being bad.

I cleared my mind as I entered the building; old, almost torn to the ground, more dishevelled than a thousand men from the Great War; all that fighting, for this?. If only we'd known what we was fighting to save.

My feet were sore from the heels attached to my soles, yet I still kept them on. I felt alone inside the walls to the old leisure centre, though I knew I wasn't. I never was alone anymore, and the only person to blame for that was myself.

In my head, it sounded as though I was deeply regretting my choices; maybe I was regretting the decision I had made not so long ago - though, I never backed out at any given opportunity.

Why?.

I didn't have an answer to that question - maybe once this was all said and done, I would, but today..nothing.

Echoing from the walls surrounded with emptiness, my heels clicked, clicked, clicked, and I found myself further and further into the looming darkness.

"Hello?!." I called out with a heavy chest, fear emitting within my veins as nothing but tranquility lurked around me. "It's me!. It's Amanda?." I wasn't so sure that I was in the right place anymore, and my statement turned to questioning; was this me?.

A small shuffle alerted me; I was quick to follow the rustle of footsteps - thick and heavy in the years old dust that collected over time, protecting not much but itself.

With my eyes lingering on the darkness, I tried to pin point a shadow, but it just seemed as though I was staring at..nothing.

"Did you bring it?." The voice was dark and low, menacing as it rang in my ear canals. I swallowed hard, not able to contain my worry much longer.

I nodded as I scanned the umbra that was destined for light, before I found my voice again. "Y-Yes." A stutter was all I managed, but that was better than no response at all. "All of it." I added on.

This wasn't a joke, and I certainly didn't take the situation lightly - I needed them to know that I needed this more than ever.

"On that bench." The musky voice called over to me from a short distance away, but it wasn't a shout or even loud for that matter; his voice was deep enough to rumble off of a thousand walls and still reach me as though he was stood directly next to my body.

With a shiver, I dipped my hand into my pocket and pulled it out; it was stiff and tightly tied together, sure of no escape. My feet almost dragged along the tiling to the centre, metres away from a vacant swimming pool - the bench hadn't been touched in a decade, and now I was the first one to give it some life again.