Win Or Lose?

A/N
The things I'd do to see Eddie as a father😫I don't know if he can get any more attractive than that.
Chapters should be back to normal from now on, so..

Enjoy, My Munson Babies <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

EDDIE MUNSON
I couldn't get my sons words out of my head; I was in some form of denial, I suppose. I refused to allow my kid to wallow in my pain and lies, and it was wrong of their mother to have even mentioned her name, let alone be spraying harsh words about her and their father in the proximity of them.
I was furious.

And rightly so. They were innocent in the situation, and it only served as a selfish ploy by their bitter mother to hurt me in an even more cruel way. It was not a truth they needed to know yet, and it was not a truth that could be spun to sound pretty either... we protected them, and in doing so, saved them from a lifetime's worth of pain.

But, Chrissy didn't seem to quite understand that concept yet, doubtful that she ever would, because that's who she was. It was the whole reason I was taking her to court - I wanted to be able to have the right to see my babies whenever I wanted, and she refused me that right.

I didn't quite understand how our relationship had gotten to this point. Maybe it was because I didn't give myself the chance to grieve before climbing into bed with Chrissy, or..

Kim.

I knew that was the reason. I knew it and she knew it. But, how could I not have loved her?. Kim was a special force in my life. Kim was my everything for a long time, and our bond was more than just romantic - we were linked in a soul deep, intimate way. I loved her to pieces, and despite her faults there was something that pulled us together in a way that's difficult to explain to anybody who hasn't found it before. She was the only one who fully understood me. She knew my hurts and my joys. She knew me inside out..

But see, grief is a funny thing. it makes you do things in the heat of the moment that you wouldn't have the capacity to do in a more stable state. You wanted to cling onto something that reminded you of the light you'd lost and Chrissy, in all her cruel genius, took advantage of that.

There's nothing wrong with me having loved Chrissy. Nothing i could have done to stop myself from loving her back, either, because love isn't something you can just turn on and off, it's not that simple.

Which is what made this decision so much harder than it needed to be.

Gaining custody of your children was a fight that destroyed the soul, but it was fight worth fighting.

My lawyers were on my side - as they should be - but not because I was paying them to be, because this wasn't the first time I'd had to get them involved with a personal matter regarding Chrissy.

"It's going to be hard-." Keith Cowfer, my lawyer, spoke with his hands atop the paper printed evidence I may or may not have needed in court. "-she's their mother. That's already a bad start." He wasn't exactly easing my mind right now.

His words only served to emphasize what I'd been thinking all along, and it was a horrible feeling. The court system had always favored the mothers in situations like these, and no matter how good of an argument I had, I knew she'd have the upper hand. But I couldn't stop now, not when my children were at stake.

"I know, I know," I sighed, sinking into the armchair across from him. I felt exhausted, as if I'd just run an ultra-marathon. The thought that he might not win this case was enough to make me wish I'd never started it. "But she's not fit to be a mom, you know?"