Chapter 1

"LOVE is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. Love takes no pleasure in other people's sins, but in the truth."

~Holy Bible, A Walk To Remember

Life rarely fulfills our wishes. Most of the time it brings unexpected elements and tests you. Some of us are successful while some of us fail. It introduces you to various types of people - someone who truly loves you, someone who can never love you ; someone whom you can trust, someone who is a complete traitor. But everybody comes for a reason; either they stay with you for the entire life or they teach you a lesson to remember till you breathe your last.

I turned 33 today and over these years nothing has happened as I wanted it to except the fact that I am married to my first ever crush, James Taylor. I have loved this man since I was 10 years old. People told me that it is just a temporary feeling which will fade away as I grow up. But this didn't happen. I still love him the way I used to and I know this is something which is never gonna change. When I say never gonna change I mean I don't want this to change. I have two kids, Ryan and Laura who are twins. They are 5 years old. My family is now the center of my universe. My entire life revolves around them. But things were so different 10 years back. I know 10 years is a long period and so I am completely a different person now.

"Mommy! Happy B'day!!"Ryan came running towards me hugged me. "Thank you so much sweetie!" and I plant a kiss on his cheeks. "Mom I want a kiss too!"Laura said. "You didn't wish her but! I did that! So I got this kiss!" Ryan teases her and runs away. "Mommyyy!! Happy B'day! Now I want two kisses and I'll cut the cake!" Laura said. "Laura dear it's your mom's b'day, let her cut the cake" James replied from the kitchen. He was making dinner for tonight. I hadn't worked the entire day. All I did was went to shopping, bought some clothes for me and my family, went to salon, got a new yet the usual haircut and a massage as well. But I was used to this now. Every year on my b'day I got this type of treatment. I wonder why do they have to this. They don't even let me go to my office. All I do is procrastinate. "NO! I will cut the cake!" Laura's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Oh dear! You may cut the cake I don't mind! Let's go!" I said. We cut the cake and then had a candle light dinner on the beach. Our house was on the shore and we all loved it here. My life has been amazing. All this is something I wanted but never thought it would happen in reality.

The real reason behind why I am Mrs. Ashley Taylor today, is Cara and Jay. They were my best friend. I had met Cara when I was 5 years old and Jay when I was 14. I hated Cara at that time because she was way more prettier than me and had more friends than I had. But I had always loved Jay. He is the only brother I have had till now. As we grew up together, I realized that Cara and Jay were my soulmates. They were the friends I had always desired for. I loved them a lot and even today I do. I miss them. I have no clue about where they are today. But I know wherever they are, they miss me too. I never doubted their love for me nor did they. We promised we'll be together even after our marriages but then things don't happen as you want them to. I wish I could see them. I wish I could go back to my teenage life and spend some more time with them. But I know it's too late now. It's too late to apologize for my mistakes. It's too late to thank them for all that they have done for me. But I want to! I want to see them again. And I know someday, God knows when, I will.

"Ashley, are you okay dear? Is the food not good?" James said, bringing back to my present life. "Oh! James! I am completely fine. I couldn't be any better and the food is delicious. I think you should cook more often!" I smiled. "Yes dad! You should cook daily" Ryan said. "I will help him too!" Laura said. "Oh sweetie! You don't have to do that now. We'll figure out some way so that I can cook more often" James replied. I loved this man. Not because he fulfilled my wishes but he was an excellent husband, a very good father and was very responsible. "I love you James" I said and kissed him on his cheeks. He blushed. "I love you too Ashley." He replied. I know I am blessed; blessed earlier with a friend cum sister like Cara and now blessed with a husband like James. HAPPY B'DAY TO ME!

HEY! A short chapter right? Well, I am still learning. :P This is just the beginning. I promise I'l improve. :) Thanks for reading. And yes, don't forget to vote and comment.