Chapter 27

"True love is not found. It is built."

                                                                                                                                     ~ Unknown

"Oh God!! Ash! Jay! James! This is just too much!" Cara exclaimed.

"Oh Cara! You call this to be too much? Well, these kind of parties are given by your parents every year. What is so unusual about this? The most unusual thing is yet to come." Jay said.

"Enough now! This is just too much. You have organized a ball party for me? And look at the arrangements! The lights, these flowers, the entire decoration is just so beautiful! And so many people are here! Are you three out of your senses? Tell me that you didn't spend money on this."

"Of course we did Cara!" I replied.

"Oh god! No way! This is just too much! I don't deserve this much Ash! I just don't." Her eyes were filled with tears.

"Oh Cara! Please don't spoil that make up. Just imagine how wicked you'll look if that mascara spreads. EWW! So don't!" I said.

"Now girls, if your make up tips are over, shall we walk in? We have to go to other places too!" James said.

"Other places? Where?"

"Let's go inside Cara!" Jay said and took her inside before she asked any further questions.

As soon as she stepped into the hall, Jay's father began playing the happy birthday tune on piano. He played it quite well. 

"Oh god! Uncle that was great!" Cara said.

"Oh! The birthday girl likes it! Now I can die in peace." Uncle John, Jay's father, smirked.

"Jokes apart sweetie. Happy birthday my baby girl!" Aunt Melissa, Cara's mother wished her.

"Thank you so much mom! By the way where is dad?"

"Your dad will be hear in a while. Don't worry."

"Incorrect. Princess, your dad is here!" We turned around to see Cara's father. 

"Daddy!"

"Princess! Happy birthday my sweetheart! You are growing faster than me it seems. Look at me. I looked the same the day you were born and even today I look the same. But you. Oh my my! You are 18 now! God. That means you are officially an adult which means you'll be most of the time with this handsome lad. Interesting." He said pointing towards Jay. 

"Wh..what me? Hand..handsome? Oh thank you sir. I really appreciate that." We all laughed.

"Excuse me. I'll be back in a while." Jay said.

We stayed there for a while and talked to everybody. We had invited a number of our college mates too. They all came and wished Cara one by one. Jealousy was evident on their faces. This thing made me smile. I could hear the girls speaking about how good Cara looked and how fortunate she was to have Jay and the boys talked about how fortunate Jay was to have Cara. Well, not everybody gets gems and not everybody deserves them.

"Ladies and gentlemen. May I have your attention please?" 

We turned around to see who it was and we found Jay standing on the platform. 

"What is he doing there?"Cara asked.

"I don't know." I answered. What was he doing there? 

"Good evening everyone. I wanna thank you all for coming here tonight. I was expecting all the elders to be here but the college mates too? Strange. Anyways, it's my Cara's birthday today. Yes, my Cara. No offence aunt Melissa and yeah, Ash you too. But I consider her to be mine. Hope it's fine with you Cara."