Chapter 19

"Romeo save me, I've been feeling so alone. I keep waiting for you but you never come."   

                                                                                                                                     ~ Love Story, Taylor Swift 

I needed a shoulder to cry at the moment. But I decided not to go to Cara now. I didn't want to trouble her now. I know I had to tell her about this but I was not ready to talk about this with anybody. The pain was too much for me to bear. The thought that we broke up shudders me and so putting these into words was even more difficult. I took the car and drove back to my place. It was 9 PM now. All the lights of my house were off and the place was quite dark but not darker than my life was at the moment.  I went inside and closed the door. I had stopped crying now. But as soon as I shut the door, the fact hit me hard. I fell down to the floor and tears rushed down my eyes. I couldn't stop crying. After some while, I found it difficult to breathe but the tears still rushed out. 

 Why was I crying? It was me who chose Cara over James. It was me who let him go. It was me who disappointed him. I chose it to be this way. Then why was I crying? Perhaps because even though I had made a choice, I didn't want this. I would never want this. Leaving James was something I had never thought of. And leaving Cara is something I can't ever do. Both of these people are important to me. But equally? I don't know. 

  Cara is important to me as she has stood there with me whenever I took a step in my life. She guided me, she directed me. She was the one who made me smile when the only thing I did was cry. She was the first one to provide a shoulder when my dad left. She not only took care of me, but she eventually help me grew. She taught me things that nobody ever did. She told me the facts that I was unaware of. She was the one who brought James in my life and today she is the reason why I had to leave James. I am not happy neither am I sad. But the vacant space, which is created after James left, pinches me every now and then. 

   I tried standing up and walking into my bedroom as I didn't want to sit here on the door and cry. But as soon as I stood up on my legs, everything around me began to spin. I couldn't see the things around me but I knew that they were spinning. Before I could hold on to something, my head hit onto something sharp and I collapsed down. 

[Cara's POV]

What is this girl doing inside? I have been ringing the bell for the past 15 minutes. Neither is she picking up her phone nor is she opening the door. Maybe James is inside. Let me call him. 

 "Hey James. This is Cara. Are you at Ash's place?" 

"Cara, I am in no mood to talk to you. And no, I am not at her place." 

What was this? He just hung up the phone as if talking to his enemy. And wait. He is not here? Then what is Ash doing inside? Oh wait! There is a spare key which she keeps somewhere near the door mat. Let me look for it. 

Thank god I found it. Lemme check now what is this girl doing. 

Uhh! No lights. Seems like she has been doing something. OUCH! What did I hit just now? Let me turn on my phone's flashlight. 

"ASH!! Why are you lying here?" Oh god. She is unconscious. She is BLEEDING. There is blood all over her head. Oh god!

"Ash! Wake up sweetie. Ash. Open your eyes." Wait. I should call the ambulance first. 

"Hello Hill View hospital? This is Cara Lautner and I am calling from house no. 12 on street 16. I need an ambulance now. Please be quick." Hope these people come on time. 

"Oh gosh ASH! What happened to you dear? Wake up please." No! I shouldn't be crying now. I should hold onto myself at least till the ambulance comes. I'll later inform mother and James as well.