Chapter 20

"Some infinities are simply bigger than other  infinities."

                                                                                                       ~The Fault in our Stars, John Green

[Ashley's POV]

 OUCH!
 My head hurt and wait, why did I have all these drips attached to me? Why was I in a hospital? The last thing that I remember was that I was crying. I was crying because James and I were no more together. JAMES! The thought of James leaving made tears rush into my eyes. 

"Ash! Baby, why are you crying?" 

James? He was really here? Did I just hear his voice? It was hard to believe.

"J..James.. Wh...what are..y..you d..doing he..here?" I said.

"Ash. I am sorry for whatever happened yesterday. It is all because of me that you are here. I promise I won't leave you ever again." I noticed that he had been crying for a long time. His eyes were red and were swollen.

"J..James! Wh..why we..were y..you crying? A..and Wh..why am I h...here?"

"Ash, I have been crying from the moment you chose Cara. And I know so did you. We don't know what exactly happened with you but you hit your head on something sharp."

I hit my head? Oh yes! I did. I remember that when I tried to go into my room something happened and I couldn't go there. I had cried a lot at that time and because of this I had fainted.

"J...James I h..had f...fainted."

"We know that dear. And it happened all because of me! I won't be able to forgive myself. I am so sorry Ash!" His eyes were filled with tears again. 

"J...James pl..please don...'t ap..ologi..se. It w..was me w..who h..had c...ommitted a m...mistake. But J...James the t....truth is th..that I ne..ed you as w..well as C....Cara and J..Jay."

"Ash I know that. It was foolish of me to ask you to choose. I know how important those two are and I know how much they have supported you. I don't know why I did that. I am really very sorry Ash. I promise I won't ever leave you again. I know it is difficult for you to trust me now but do believe what I said. I love you and will always love you and no matter what I won't leave you ever again."

"J...James I...." Before I could finish my sentence, James lips were on mine. The touch of his lips gave me goosebumps even after such a long time. Slowly and gradually his tongue searched for mine. I so wanted to allow him do that but I couldn't. I was so weak now that I found it difficult to kiss him back. 

"Ash. I am sorry. I shouldn't have...."

"J...James st..stop. Do..don't sa...say any.....thing. J...just k....kiss m....me." I was short of breath by now but I didn't want James to stay away from me. His lips pressed on mine again. But this time he knew that I couldn't do much. We stayed that way for I don't know how long. But it was heavenly. Each time he kissed me, I felt as if I was the luckiest girl on the planet. I love this man a lot. 

"Oops! Seems like someone was having a romantic time." Cara came in.

"Oh! Hey! Hi! Umm.... we were just ....." James stammered. 

"Oh James! You don't have to feel awkward about this. It's completely fine. This is something I am well acquainted with. So relax. Anyways, hello my baby sister. How were you?!" Cara came running towards me. 

"Slow Cara." James said. 

"Oh yes! Hey sweetie. I missed you so much." Cara said and kissed my forehead.