Chapter 28

"The town was paper but the memories were not."  

                                                                                                                           ~ John Green, Paper Towns

 "Good night Mom. I'll be staying at Ash's place, okay?" 

"Okay sweetheart. Have fun. Happy birthday once again." Aunt Melissa kissed her forehead and then she left too.

It was 12 PM and everybody had left by now. It was only me, James, Jay and Cara in that hall. 

"That was so much fun! I loved everything tonight. Thank you so much." Cara said.

"You'r welcome Cara. By the way, the cake  was delicious and they had made a nice face of yours', Cara." James said.

"Hahah! Yes indeed they did. C'mon let's go home now. Everybody is tired it seems."

"Oh no Cara! There is still something left." Jay said.

"Still? But my birthday is over now. What is it?"

"You'll get to know in sometime. Shall we leave now?" I asked.

"Yeah sure. Let's go." James answered.

We went to James' car. Cara and Jay were seating behind, James was at the driver's seat and i was right beside him. 

"Where are we going but?" Cara asked.

"Let's listen to some songs!" I said, ignoring Cara's question. We couldn't tell her where we were going. 

I connected my phone with the music player via Bluetooth and began playing the songs. 

I miss the taste of a sweeter life
I miss the conversation
I'm searching for a song tonight
I'm changing all of the stations

"Ash, give me your phone please." Cara asked.

"Okay. Take this." I handed her the phone and the next second I knew what was she gonna do.

Me not working hard?
Yeah, right, picture that with a Kodak
Or, better yet, go to Times Square
Take a picture of me with a Kodak
Took my life from negative to positive
I just want y'all know that
And tonight, let's enjoy life
Pitbull, Nayer, Ne-Yo, tell us right

"NO WAY CARA!" Jay shouted.

"Hahah! I am sorry but I have the control now. And it's my birthday. Just for tonight?"

"No please! Not this bald man! Anything else will do. Not him." 

"Please Jay? For me? On my birthday? Please!!!" 

"Ugh! I lose every time you make that puppy face. What is it with you girls? Anything happens and you make that face. Only one song Cara." 

"Thank you so much Jay!! I love you!" 

Tonight I want all of you tonight
Give me everything tonight
For all we know we might not get tomorrow
Let's do......

"What happened to the song? It is still playing here in your phone Ash."

"I don't know Cara."

"Let me see." She bend forward to see what was wrong with the player.

"ASH!! YOU SWITCHED OFF THE BLUETOOTH! SWITCH IT ON! NOW!" Cara yelled.

We all laughed at her expression.

"Don't laugh. Switch it on! Now! Or else I won't get down of the car!"