Chapter 2

"We accept the love we think, we deserve."

~ Charlie, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

"You sleeping beauty!! When are you gonna leave this bed?! We have been trying to wake you for the past one hour!" Cara yelled. "Please let me sleep! I don't want to leave my love! I don't want to face the cruel world out there. Leave me" I said. "Miss Melodrama queen, leave this bed or I am gonna hit you hard. We are getting late. We were suppose to leave by 7 and it's 8.15 now" Cara yelled again. "What? It's 8.15?!! NO! Why the hell did you not tell me before! We are so late. I have waited for this day for so long. I hate you!" I jumped out of the bed and rushed into the washroom. It was Jay's birthday today. Jay was the only brother I have had. He was not my biological brother but he was more than that. He had always been there to take care of me and protect me from all the problems. I owed him a lot.

We had planned a surprise birthday bash for Jay. "What are you wearing Cara?" I yelled while I was facing my closet. So many clothes yet I feel I am a poor when it comes to clothes. "You can turn around and see it yourself!" She replied. She was annoyed. Well, she should be. "I don't have time to turn around! C'mon fast! Tell me" I said. "I am wearing a white crop top with the word love written on it and blue denim shorts. Do you wish to know the color of my lingerie too?" she said. "No! Of course not! Lemme see if I have blue shorts." I looked around and found my blue shorts. I paired them up with a plain white sleeveless top and put on a black jacket along with it. "Turn around! I don't want you to see me naked! You are not my husband!" I said. Cara left the room and I dressed up real quick. "Cara! Come in please! I want you to put the make up on me. You know how bad I am with this" I said. Cara opened the door and walked in. OH GOD! She looked stunning! Her hair, her face, her body, her outfit - everything was beyond amazing! She had this long thin legs and a toned body. She had applied mascara and some eye liner which made her eyes so glittery and noticeable. "What are you looking at? Look at yourself! You look so hot! Come lemme put some make up" she said as I continued looking at her. She applied some make up and I was ready. I put on a bracelet and let my hair be open. I did look good. I was not as tall as Cara neither I was that thin, but I still looked as good as I could. "Come. Let's go baby!" Cara said.

"Ashley! Don't leave without having your breakfast. I made it especially for you. And Cara join us please" my dad said. My dad, Mr Edward Trevelyan, was the only family I had. I had lost my mother when I was 4 years old. She was a cancer patient. I don't remember much about her but I know that I miss her a lot. "Dad we are already late! I am sorry! I'll eat this after I come back. So sorry! I love you. Bbye!" I kissed him, took the car keys and rushed out of my house. "You should have had your breakfast" Cara said. "I know. I am so hungry. But we are already late! There is so much we have to look after. I'll eat something there. Let's go now. Please you drive the car. Last time I did you know what happened" I said. " Oh! Yes I do. We had to pay a fine worth $300 and plus you had hurt yourself as well" Cara took the keys from me and we moved towards the nearest beach.

It took us 30 minutes to get us there. We rushed to the spot we had chosen for the celebration. OH MY GOD! THIS WAS PERFECT. Tables for three of us were laid, we had a dance floor ready and a DJ too. It seemed more like a date but then we wanted to do this for my brother. We went there and were greeted by two people who were the managers of the hotel. This beach came under their ownership. They explained us the menu and we were ready. We had a champagne ready too. As a part of his birthday gift, I and Cara had planned something which three of us have always desired for. "Ashley, call your brother now. I want to see his expressions!" Cara jumped around as she said this. "Let's go and pick him from his home. Shall we?" I said. "Sure! Why not. We'll blindfold him but and tie his hands as well. Or else he'll ruin everything" Cara said. We took our car and went to Jay's home.

"JAY!! Come down dear! We have two young ladies waiting for you" Mrs. Natalie, Jay's mother, said. "I am coming mom! And they are not young by the way. They are both 5 months older than me!" Jay said from his room upstairs. He came down and hugged both of us hard. "Yucks! Jay! Stay away from me! You smell so bad. And is this the way you treat your elders" Cara said. "Oh shut up! I don't smell that bad. In fact I smell awesome and you are not an elder" Jay said. "Happy Birthday Jay!! You are finally 18 today!" I said. "Thank you so much Ashley. I love you so much" he replied. "Miss Cara, what are you looking at? Wish me!" Jay said. "Oh no! I won't" Cara said. "Alright then! Here we go!" Jay said. As soon as he completed his sentence he lifted Cara up and threatened to drop her down. I couldn't stop laughing after looking at Cara. She was screaming on top of her voice. Finally Cara wished him and he put her down. "Okay now enough. Let's go to the beach. We have something for you there. And don't you dare do that again or I'll slap you real hard" Cara said. "Oh! Sure Miss. Let's go now!" Jay said. We three walked out of his house and drove to the beach. Before taking Jay there we blindfolded him and tied his hands as well.

"Okay so we are here now! Let us show you what we have done for you" Cara said. She freed him of all the things. As soon as he opened his eyes, we could see a big smile spreading on his face. "OH GOD! Ashley! Cara! This is so awesome! The DJ, the dance floor and this table for us. It is beyond my expectations. I thought I would have a boring birthday today but it seems this is going to be my best birthday ever" Jay said. "Oh Jay! There is more to come. We'll tell you as the day passes. And by the way, for your kind information you are suppose to be with us for the entire day" Cara said. "Oh yes! Sure Miss. I would love to" Jay replied.

After some time, we had our breakfast, then we danced, we had our champagne. We did some of the most stupid things friends can ever do but we loved it. Now it was time for us to reveal his birthday gift. "Jay. Here, take this. This is your birthday gift from two of us" I said as I handed him an envelope and a box. He took it like a child who has been asked to take his candy. He first opened the box. It had a Rado watch. This is something he always wanted. I and Cara were saving money for the past 10 months to buy this and our other gift. "This is so sexy! I love this watch!" Jay said. He took out the watch and put it on his wrist. It looked great on him. Now it was time for him to check out the other gift as well. He opened the envelope and as soon as he did he hugged both of us. I was so happy after seeing him! Finally i feel that I have done something for this man.

Thank you for reading. It makes my day. I hope you'll read further. 
Do comment and vote. :)