Chapter 17

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down.

You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now.

Come morning light, you and I will be safe and sound.

~ The Hunger Games

A lot had happened yesterday and after going through all that, we were in no mood to go around and visit places. We just wanted to come back. So, we booked our flights. They were in the evening. It was 2 PM now and our flights were at 5 PM. So we had started packing our bags.

"Cara, nothing has changed between us, right?"

"Ash, nothing has changed nor will it ever. But it's just I feel guilty. That's it."

"Cara, please don't. There is nothing you should be guilty about. You did nothing wrong apart from the fact that you broke the glass because of which you got this cut in your hand. Be prepared to face Jay now."

"Ah! Right! He is gonna be so mad at me! GOSH! Just stay there with me when he is yelling okay? Sometimes he gets too angry for me to handle."

"Yeah sure! Let's get there first. You'll have to face your parents too!"

We finished packing and then left for the airport. In our way, we stopped at Subway to grab a Sub. We really didn't like eating in those hotels. They were way too mannered. You had to take care of all those cutlery before you put a single piece of food in your mouth. We enjoyed eating food in a more free manner. We reached the airport by 3.30 ad after going through all those procedures we had 1 hour left.

"Hey! Let's go and check out that jewelry store! Appears to be nice" Cara said.

"Okay! What is it diamonds?"

"I don't know! But whatever it is, it looks good."

We went to that jewelry store and were awestruck after seeing the jewels there. There were diamonds, sapphires, rubies and all other precious stones you could think of. It was pretty!

"Ash! Look at this. This is so cute and so beautiful. I so wish I could buy this but then there is no occasion so I guess sometime in the future" Cara said pointing a thin diamond bracelet which had sapphire too. It was beautiful.

"Cara, I guess it's time for us to go. All these jewels are beauty and we'll need another hour to see them all."

"Oh! right! Let's go then." We moved out of the store and then straight to board our flights. We reached back to our place at around 10 PM. Jay was there at the airport to pick us. Cara was too happy after seeing him. She rushed to him and gave him a long hug.

"Oh God Cara! I swear I am not letting you two out alone in future ever. You girls are just ridiculous! Who goes and drinks vodka shots when they can't handle themselves in conscious state? You should have thought before doing that." Jay said.

"Oh Jay! We have just landed and you have already started yelling. Let me hug you properly first." Cara said."Wait! What is this band aid Cara?" Jay asked. This man had the best observation skills. Nothing had ever escaped his eyes, especially when it was about Cara. "Ummm... nothing Jay. Let'sgo back to my home first and then talk about all this." Cara tried convincing him that everything was fine but Jay was already pissed off. "Baby, I didn't do anything. Now don't glare at me with those dangerous eyes. It scares me. Hug me first." Cara said. "Okay miss! Love first and scolding later, if that is what you want" he said and hugged her tighter. They looked adorable together. "What are you staring at Ash? Come here and join us!" Jay said. "I guess she'll prefer my arms" said someone from behind. It was James!