Chapter 4

"There is something like a line of gold thread running through a man's words when he talks to his daughter and gradually over the years it gets to be long enough for you to pick up in you hands and weave into a cloth that feels like love itself."

~ John Gregory Brown

It was 6 in the morning and I was the first one to wake up. Beside me, Jay and Cara were holding each other while they slept. There was no doubt that both of these were in love each other. The thought of this made me so happy because I know that these two were the most amazing people on the planet and together they would make an awesome pair. I stood up and went out of the tent, allowing them to sleep for some more time.

The weather outside the tent was very comfortable. I could see the sun about to rise and could hear the voice of the birds. I could feel the cool breeze and I could sense happiness all around me. I find this thing a bit strange; whenever you are happy, you think and you expect the world to be happy as well and when you are sad everything around you seems to lose their life. Anyways, at present I was very happy.

Few minutes after enjoying the view, someone hugged me from behind and I instantly knew that it was Cara. "Good morning sweetie. Had a nice night?" I asked her. "Good morning. The entire day was fantastic. We could do these stuffs more often, right?" she said. "Oh right! But then we aren't a multi billionaire yet" I replied. "Yeah! That's true" she laughed. "Come let's go for a walk and we'll go and discuss the menu for the breakfast later" I suggested. She agreed. We went for a long walk along the shore. It was really wonderful; talking to your best friend in such a wonderful atmosphere is great. "Cara, shall I ask you something? And I know you'll tell me the truth" I said. "Oh sure dear! You can ask me anything and there is no way I am gonna tell you a lie.GO ahead" she said. "Are you in love with Jay?" I asked. She blushed. And I knew my answer rather I had cross-checked my answer. "Umm... Ashley, yes. I love him. I love him since the time I met him 2 years back. It's not just his look but his heart; his heart is something that has attracted me" she replied. I was happy. I was way beyond happy. "2 years and you didn't tell me, Miss Fallen-in-love" I said. "Oh! I felt what if someday you go and confess him about my feelings. I was just scared. But yeah I know that was such a stupid thing. I trust you completely. I am sorry" she replied back. "Oh it's completely fine Cara. I guess it's time you confess your feelings all by yourself 'cause my brother is in love too." "No jokes about this please!" she said. "Why on earth would I lie about this? He confessed his feelings yesterday at night when you fell asleep" I said to her trying to assure her. She was not yet confident about this and so I thought of something to bring these two people together.

After a long chit-chat session, we went to the hotel manager and asked him to prepare our breakfast table. We decided the menu and gave him a fixed time. Then, we went back to Mr. Sleeping head to wake him up.

 "Jay! For how long are you gonna sleep? C'mon wake up now! We have to go back to our homes" I said. "Oh Ashley! Just 5 more hours please!" he replied in a monotonous tone. "5 hours!! You insane human! Get up now! We have ordered a pan cake with maple syrup and your favorite, double omelette! Wake up for your omelette's sake!"Cara said and we laughed. "Okay! Let's go and have our breakfast!"Jay beamed. This sight was hilarious and we three laughed out loud. Then we went to the hotel and got ready. We went to have our breakfast and then went back to our homes. This is something that we didn't want to but then we had to.

"Welcome home Ash" my dad greeted me as soon as I came back home. I went and hugged him.He was a great dad indeed. All these years he had taken care of me all by himself. My studies, my health, his work, our house everything was taken care of by him. I loved him so much. "Hi dad!" I replied. "Had a great time?" he asked. "Oh yes we did! It was awesome! Jay was so happy and so were I and Cara" I answered him. Then we sat down to the discuss about all that had happened yesterday. He was always ready to listen to my gossips. I even told him about Cara and Jay. "This is a good news! So, what are you planning to bring these love birds together and fly with each other?" "Dad, I don't know but I want this thing to be special for Cara. You do know how great the girls feel when someone proposes or confesses their feeling for them" I answered. "Oh yes sweetie I do. When I had proposed your mother, she didn't stop crying for almost an hour or so. I was so scared at once; she hated me so much that she started crying? It was only later I realized that her happiness was the reason behind her tears" He laughed. "That does happen! I only wish James goes down on his knees some day in front of me!" I said. James was my crush. He has been my crush from the time I was 10 years old. Unfortunately, we were just friends. Anyways we had to talk about Cara and Jay and not me and James. "Oh honey! One day that man of your dreams will surely be there for you. You just have to be patient" he said. "Oh thank you dad! And you know what I already have my first love by my side. It's you! Anyways, help me out with Cara and Jay stuff." "Thank you sweetie! I love you! And I'll always be there for you. Umm... I guess I do have a plan" and my face lighted up after hearing this from him. My dad was a real hero. His plans never failed; at least not till now. And I knew it won't fail ever. So we discussed about his out of the world plan and I knew that this has to be the right thing! YES! It was so perfect. I would certainly do as my dad says. I kissed him on his cheeks and ran into my bed room. I picked up my cell phone and dialed a number.

"Mrs. Rodriguez, it's me, Ashley."

What's next? Read further to find out. :P Don't forget to vote. :)