Chapter 25

"Lots of people want to ride with you on the limo, but what you want is someone who will ride the bus with you when the limo breaks down." 

                                                                                                                                                   ~ Oprah Winfrey 

3 days later.

"James! Wake up! It's 11.30. Wake up fast!!" 

"I have to sleep Ash. You go." 

"What? NO! I can't do all that alone! Wake up or else don't talk to me for next two days."

"Ugh! Fine. Let's go."

We went inside Cara's room. She was sleeping. The entire week had been exhausting for her. She took care of me, my house and even James. She had to manage her house for a few days too as her mom was not well. It was her birthday and she didn't even remember that. 

"You lift her up and I'll go and open the doors, okay?"

James nodded. "But what if she gets up?" "She won't."

Well, one thing you need to know about Cara is that her sleep is very deep. It's very difficult to wake her up. 

I rushed upstairs to the terrace and opened the doors. Sometimes, our luck favors us so much that we just consider us to be the luckiest of all. It was Cara' birthday today and on the same day we were gonna witness star showers at 12.02. Unbelievable right?

A few minutes later James brought her up and laid her down on a mattress which we had kept. 

"Now go and bring Jay from your home."

James instantly rushed to his place. Jay came yesterday but Cara didn't know that he did. That is why he was staying at James' place. Meanwhile, I made the other arrangements. 

James and Jay came back after 15 minutes. It was 11.55 now. Only 5 minutes to go!

"Jay, you wake her up." I said.

"Okay." Jay replied.

He walked to the mattress and sat beside her. He took her hand and then kissed her forehead first. At this, Cara moved a bit but didn't wake up. 

11.57.

He then slowly took her in his arms and stood up. "Wake up love." He whispered in her ears. Her eye lids moved and slowly she opened her eyes.

 11.59

Before she could react, Jay sealed her mouth with a kiss. Her eyes closed again and she tightened her hands around Jay.

12.00

"Happy Birthday Cara" Jay whispered to her.

"Happy Birthday Cara!!" I said and then James wished her too.

She rubbed her eyes to see three of us standing there.

"Ash? James? And....Jay!"

 Then, she looked around and realize that she was underneath the stars. 

12.02

Just then the star shower began. She was stunned by the beauty of the nature and so were we. She still laid in Jay's arm and kept on gazing at the sky.

"Oh god! This is beautiful! I...I am speechless." Tears out of happiness filled her eyes but Jay kissed them away.

"Not a drop falls from your eyes today." He said.