Chapter 33

"If you want your children to turn out well, spend twice as much time with them, and half as much money."

                                                                                                                                             ~ Abigail Van Buren

"Mom! The buses are here! Where is my bag?" Ryan shouted.

"Mine too!" said Laura.

"Coming dear! Just a minute." 

I packed their bags and rushed to the living room. 

"Here, take them. Go properly and Ryan no fights today, okay? I don't want another complain."

"Okay mom! Bye!" Ryan said and planted a kiss on my cheek and then rushed out.

"Mom."

"Yes Laura."

"Bbye!" She kissed me and then went to catch the bus.

I smiled to myself. My kids were really very sweet. It was evident that they hadn't got this sweetness from me. 

"Ash?"

"Coming James." I went inside.

"Have you seen me tie? I can't find it."

"Oh! I had washed it yesterday. Wait, I'll get it for you."

I looked for the tie in the other room but I couldn't find it. Just then I saw it under the bed. When I bent down to pick it up, I saw an old box lying there. I wondered why hadn't I paid attention to it earlier. I tried taking it out.

"Ash? Did you get it?"

"Umm.... yeah James. I am coming in a minute." I let go of the box for a moment and then went to him.

"Here, take this. What is it with this tie? Why do you wear only this?"

"Love, this was the tie I had worn when I went down on my knees for the first time in front of you."

"Okay! So indeed it is special." 

"Yes ma'am. Now if you allow me I would like to kiss my wife."

"Ah! You do?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Go ahead then."

He engulfed me in his arms and placed his lips on mine. 7 years of marriage, 15 years of relationship, 2 kids and still one kiss was enough to give me goosebumps. The soft touch of his lips made me go mad. 

"Woah! Woah! Control my dear hubby. I guess we both will be late if we continue with this. Now go and get ready." I pushed him away.

"Our you going to Mrs. Greene today?"

"Yes I am. You go and get ready and I'll serve you your breakfast."

"Love?"

"Yes James."

"Take care, okay? Let me know whatever happens."

"Of course James. Now go!"

*****

It was 9 AM. James had left for work and the kids had gone to the school. I was alone busy doing my work. Just then I remembered about the box that I had seen. I went inside the room to see what it was. I took out the box and cleaned it first. It was all full of dust. What I saw after opening the box, brought tears into my eyes. 

 RING RING

The phone rang. I rushed outside to pick up the phone.

"Hello?"