Chapter 10: Recovering

*Luke's POV.*

Suddenly, Lyla just passed out. Before she could hit the ground I caught her. She lay limp and unconscious in my arms.

I was in too much pain to carry her to the house. I called Beau.

"Hello?" Said Beau, with a hint of irritation in his voice.

"Beau, I'm right up the road from our house and Lyla passed out and I don't have enough strength to carry her."

He laughed "....I'll be right there." He hung up. He wasn't taking me seriously.

I saw him running down the street. As he got closer I could see his expression change. "What the hell happened to you mate?" He asked worriedly.

I guessed my lip looked worse than I thought. "I'll tell you when we get home. Is mum there?"

"No she had to work late." He lifted Lyla up bridal style.

We walked through the door of our home; Jai was sitting on the couch. "What happened?"

Beau took Lyla to her room and laid her on her bed. Me and Jai went in there too.

"We were walking home from the park, and Angus jumped out at us, then he touched Lyla, so I punched him, he hit me in the mouth and he started kicking me." I said looking in the mirror in her room.

There was blood running from my lip all the way down my neck. "I don't really know what happened after that."

"Where's Angus now?" Asked Jai.

"We left him in the road." I laughed.

Beau walked out of the room, and then I heard the front door slam. About five minutes later he came back. "He's not there anymore."

I sat on the bed next to Lyla; it was all my fault. If I wouldn't have punched him she would be fine.

"What made her pass out?" Asked Jai. "No clue." I replied. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs.

"Luke, I think you need to go to the hospital." Said Beau.

"Naw, I'm fine." I replied.

I lifted up my shirt to see the spot where Angus had kicked me. There was a black and purple bruise.

"You're going to the hospital." Beau raised his voice angrily.

Then I looked at Lyla, her eyes slowly opened. Then she carefully sat up. "What happened?" She asked closing her eyes tightly then opening them again.

"You passed out." I stated.

"Oh." She stood up uneasily. "Who the hell was that guy?"

"That's Angus......He lives down the street from us." Said Beau.

"He hates us, we hate him. It never ends." Jai said coldly.

There was a long pause. "Luke that looks pretty bad." Lyla lightly touched my cheek. "I think you do need to go to the hospital."

___________________________________________________________________

            We went to the hospital where I got my lip stitched up, they had to take the ring out of it and that hurt pretty bad.  The doctors told me that I had a cracked rib and I was lucky I didn't have a broken one. It would take about a month for me to recover, and it would heal on its own. The doctors told Lyla that she had a minor concussion and that she would be fine.

Mum came to the hospital around seven. Beau had called her and she was really worried about us. We went home at 8. We all got dressed in our pajamas and went into the living room to watch a movie.  We decided to go with a classic "Titanic."

                  Lyla and I sat on the smaller sofa, while Jai and Beau sat on the larger one. Then mum was in the reclining chair.

                   I slowly drifted off to sleep next to Lyla.  I woke up and check my phone it was 1am. The TV was shut off and I didn't see Jai, Beau or mum.

                 Lyla's head was rested on my chest and she was in a deep sleep. I clicked off my phone and wrapped my arms around her.

I didn't want anything like that to ever happen to her again. I really cared for her and wanted to protect her.

          I thought about the kiss that we had, it was amazing, her soft lips crushed against mine. Then I fell asleep smiling.