Chapter 36: The Good

Lukes POV

3 Days Later

Today I'm taking Lyla back to the spot where I tried to kiss her, to try and jog her memory. 

She seems to be warming up to all of us and is trying to get to know all of us once again.

"Where are we going??" She asks looking out the window.

"I told you it's a surprise." I smile.

We arrive at the beach and it's not too crowded. She looks around taking in her surroundings.

I walk her to the exact spot where I tried to kiss her. "Here!"

She walks over to the spot...and looks confused. "What about it?

"It's where I almost- kissed you." I smirk.

She smiles. "Really?"

"Yeah.  I told you I was crazy about you." I laugh.

"What did I say?" She asks.

"That you were crazy about me too."

I stare deeply into her beautiful green eyes, reliving that moment. Then I step in closer to her, and press my lips to hers, and she doesn't pull away.

  We pull apart. "Sorry." I whisper.

"It's okay." She smiles. We ride home in silence, but for some reason it's not awkward.

  CHAPTER 36

2 weeks later

Luke's POV

I wake up late around 10 and hop up out of bed. I walk out into the kitchen. Mum slept in today so I had to make my own breakfast.

I stand at the stove making some eggs, when Jai walks out of the living room. "Hey have you seen the laptop?"

"No...you had it last."

"Yeh, but I set it on the table in the living room."

"Well I didn't touch it. Did you ask Beau?"

"Yeah he hasn't seen it."

"Then I don't fucking know." I yawn.

Suddenly we hear someone scream. "OH MY GOD!" It's Lyla.

I race into her room. "What is it?"

"I remember! Everything. It all came back to me!" She squeals. Then she leaps into my arms and kisses me.

"Really?"

"Mhmm." She smiles.

We all stand there, taking in the happy moment.

"Everything?" I ask her.

"Yes!" She grins.

Beau walks into the room tiredly. "What is going on?"

"I got my memory back!"

"That's great." He smiles slightly. But you can tell he's not happy. He probably wishes she still didn't remember, that way she wouldn't love me. He still wants her.

My thoughts begin to anger me so I walk off into the kitchen remembering my breakfast.

     Later that day I take Lyla out to dinner and we walk around the city for a bit. Happily enjoying each other's company.

Then late at night her mom calls with bad news.... And my happiness diminishes.