Chapter 3: The Beach

*Lukes POV*

Lyla and Beau got home; they were both acting kind of odd around each other.

We all went to the beach. Skip and James came too and we introduced them to Lyla.

* Lyla's POV*

We all went to the beach where I met Daniel and James; they seemed cool like the rest of the guys.

I was sitting on a towel with Luke I was still wearing my beach cover up.

"What's up?" He asked awkwardly

"Nothing." I said nonchalantly looking at him. "Oh alright, well are you gonna go swimming?" "Probably" I said standing up and taking off my cover up.

Then Luke went out into the water. I looked out at the beautiful sea taking it in, it was paradise.

I put some sun tan oil on and laid on my back. After about 15 minutes a soaking wet Beau came up on the shore and lifted me onto his shoulder.

"What the hell are you doing!!!" I screamed. I held on to the back of his shorts so I wouldn't slip off his shoulder. His swim trunks were starting to slip down. So he began to run into the water.

The reason I didn't want to go into the water was because I was scared, I had never been in the ocean before and I'd heard about so many incidents with sharks and sting rays and such.

We were in the water and it was up to his waist. The other guys were back at shore. I was screaming."Beau please don't" it didn't work.

He lifted me off his shoulder but I tried to hang on best I could. I wrapped my legs around his waist holding on tight, the water was up around me. "Its fine." Beau said. "What are you afraid of?" He asked. I looked at him. "Sharks and shit!" I said still hanging on. He laughed. "It's too shallow for sharks where we are. "

I unwrapped my legs from his waist. "Are you sure?" I asked. He nodded, holding onto my waist supporting me. I felt my feet touch the bottom of the sea and felt the sand between my toes.

" See it's all right." He said. I looked back at the shore the guys were sitting on towels, none of them noticed us except Luke, he was staring at us and I couldn't read his expression. The sun was slowly setting and it was getting dark.

Beau and I went back to the shore, dried off then we all headed home.

Luke didn't talk to me for the rest of the night he seemed sad about something. At about 8:30 I took a shower and went to bed.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Two weeks passed and i was really enjoying the ocean, the guys ,and the sun, it was amazing.

On Saturday me, Luke, Jai and Beau went penny boarding. As we went passed a rather big house Luke noticed a girl getting her mail. "Hey Ellie!" He yelled and walked over to her. Me and Beau just sat off at the side.

"Who's she?" I asked Beau. "Oh Ellie, she's his like, girlfriend I guess I don't really know. He likes her but I don't think she likes him he's pretty fucked up." He laughed. "Oh " I said.

I looked over at the girl, she had long dark hair, tan skin, and a pretty smile. Her body was fit and flawless. She wore extremely short shorts, a plain white top and converse. She was perfect.

Beau and I decided not to wait for him and we went home. He showed me lots of their Janoskian videos, I was almost crying in laughter.

After awhile Luke came home. "Hey!" He said and he sat down next to me and Beau on the sofa. He seemed rather happy. "Oi what's up with you? Dickhead. "Asked Beau." What do you mean? "Said Luke biting his lip."You seem too giddy." Said Beau. "You got a date with Ellie or something?" "Maybe." Said Luke smirking.

I felt a small amount of jealousy drift over me. Did I have feelings for him or was I just lonely or something?

"That's cool because I've got a date too." Said Beau. "Oh yeah? Who with, your hand?" Said Luke sarcastically. "No. Actually with Lyla." Said Beau. What!!! I tried not to look surprised. "Hmm, Well alright have fun, I'm gonna go get ready." Luke said as he walked to his room.

I looked at Beau."What!" I whispered. I didn't know whether I should be happy or what. "Oh c'mon live a little." He smiled putting his arm around me. "Alright, where are you taking me? I asked. "Clubbing." He laughed. "You ever been?" "No, I can't say I have." I said looking at him. "You know you can drink here." He said. "Yeah. I know. "I smiled." Okay, just wondering." He said. "We're leaving at 8 alright." He got up and went into his bedroom.