Chapter 34: Recalling Our Past

2 days later

Lukes POV

We brought Lyla home today and she still doesn't remember anything or anyone. I worry that she won't ever remember. Then she'll go back to America and I won't exist to her.

    We still haven't told Jamie, her mum, about her memory yet. But I don't want her to take her home yet.

   The boys made a video yesterday, but I wasn't in it because I was at the hospital. I've tried to make her remember, but nothing works. She still remembers Lindsay and Ruben, but she has no idea Lindsay's pregnant, and I don't plan on telling her for the sake of Jai.

   She just stays in her bedroom all day, watching TV, and scrolling through her phone.

   At one point I go in her room to chat with her. I sit down on the end of her bed. She looks up from her phone.

"Luke?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you help me, remember?"

I pause for a moment, trying to remember, back up to the point when I first met her.

"Well, when you first got here I wasn't really sure about you, and I liked this girl named Ellie. Then you were with Beau for a bit, then you started to like me. And we went to the beach and we kissed for the first time. Then later that week I asked you to be my girlfriend."

"Then I got into this fight with the neighbor Angus, and you tried to help but you fell and hit your head, and passed out, but you were okay. In December Lindsay and Ruben came to Aus, to visit you and spent Christmas with us, then I gave you that locket..."

She stares at me intently as if I'm reading from a book.

"We got into a fight...not too long ago. But I don't think you want to remember that. Then we made up and ..." I trail off. I'm not telling her about Lindsay and Jai. Not now anyways.   "Soon after that you were hit by that car."

   She continues to stare at me, he mouth slightly open. Then she opens her nightstand drawer and picks out the locket, pulls her hair back and claps in around her neck.

"Thank you." She says, giving me a soft peck on the cheek.

I have to resist the urge to wrap her tightly in a hug, but I remember she's not the same Lyla. She's lost.

~Thanks for reading, please vote and comment if you like it:)~