Chapter 16: Lindsay's Mistake

*Lyla's POV*

I woke up to the noise of my phone vibrating constantly. I notice Luke next to me all snuggled in the sheets. I kiss his cheek before grabbing my phone.

All the texts are from Lindsay! Crap I forgot about her yesterday.

'Hi'

'How's Aus'

'Hello!'

'Lyla!'

'You texted me?'

I respond quickly. "Sorry I sort of forgot about you."

'It's okay, can you Skype?'

"Yeah sure." I hop up and grab my laptop. Then I sit back on my bed Indian style trying my best not to wake Luke.

I begin calling her, then her face shows up on the screen it's dark there.

"Hey!" I smile.

"How are you girl?" She asks

"Okay...." I say, referring to the events yesterday.

"What happened?" She says.

I tell her about Angus and everything that happened.

Her response is "Aren't you coming home now!!"

"Hell no!" I said loudly, then I remember Luke.

"Does your mom know?"

"No! And let's keep it that way."

"Okay.." She sighs. "So how about Luke how's he?" She winks.

I turn the laptop so she can see him.

"Are you sleeping with him?" She says astonished.

"Sleeping as in sleeping." I close my eyes an fold my hands together in a sleeping symbol. "Or sleeping..."I laugh.

"Erm..the second one." She says flipping her Carmel color hair.

"No just sleeping...but we are together now." I smile.

"Awww! Why didn't you ever text me and tell me before?"

"I don't know, a lot has been going on lately." I said situating myself on the bed.

"Oh yeah same here." She smirks.

I raise my eyebrows at her.

"I'm no longer a "virgin" she says.

"What? How'd that happen?" I say In amusement.

"Kayden...." She says smiling. I close my eyes tightly and open them again.

Oh how I hate him...."Lindsay....you made the worst mistake of your life."

"No, he's changed." She protests.

"I doubt it...."

"Why can't you just be happy for me?" She says and I can tell she's pissed.

"I am, I just....I'm sorry." I say stopping myself.

"It's okay, but I have to go! See you soon!" She ends the call

But my laptop starts ringing and it's my mother wanting to Skype. Shit! When did she ever get a Skype?

I click answer and she shows up on the screen her blonde hair pulled back in a bun.

"Hi honey!"

"Hi mom."

"How are you.... You sure don't call me enough." She says in a motherly tone.

"I'm fine...it's great here! Gina and her family are so nice!" I smile.

She moves her face closer to the screen.

"What's that!" She points.

I put my hand over my nose acting like I'm itching it, trying to hide the little Dimond that's in it.

"What's what?"

"Oh just thought I saw something."

"Oh..." This conversation is going nowhere.

"So.... Haven't got into any trouble have you? No boyfriends or drinking right?"

"Right mom!" Yeah right, I went clubbing, I'm dating Luke Brooks, oh yeah and just yesterday I was almost raped by the neighbor. No trouble at all.

"Good girl! Well ill text or call you later sweetie! Love you!"

"Love you too..." I groan.

"Bye."

I close my laptop and put it away. Then I lay by Luke soaking in his warmth.

It's only 6am here and I'm kind of tired, so I snuggle up to his chest and fall right to sleep.