Chapter 17: Confusion

_____2 Weeks Later______

*Lyla's POV*

Today Lindsay and Ruben arrive and I'm so excited to see them! Luke, Jai and I are driving to pick them up from the airport and we are all gonna go Christmas shopping! It's kind of late since Christmas is in six days.

Beau and Freelee are on a date right now, their second one. Last week Beau took her to a fancy French restaurant and she loved it, and today they went to the zoo.

Everything is going great, it will be even better when I see my two best friends from home.

We finally get to the airport after a car ride that seemed to last forever.

We walk into the spacious airport and scan the crowd for Lindsay and Ruben. They are easy to spot since they're the only ones in heavy winter clothes.

I squeal when I see them. "Guys!!!" I run up to Linds and hug her warmly.

"We've missed you!" she says.

Ruben gets his hug next. I wrap my arms tight around him. He smells good, of his usual Hollister cologne.

"You've changed so much Lyles." He smiles examining me.

Lindsay goes right up to Jai and Luke and hugs them. While Ruben gives them a friendly handshake.

"Well we should probably go get you settled into your hotel." says Luke.

I nod in agreement. We help load their luggage into the car and we all drive off.

We arrived at the Hilton Hotel.  We walked them up to their room, it was nice and clean, with a beach view. There were two beds a TV, a seating area, a small kitchen area, and a large bathroom.

"This is nice!" Says Lindsay as she leaps onto the bed and lands with a thud.      

      Luke, Jai, and I all sit down on the sofa. I sigh loudly out of boredom.

      "Well....." Jai begins. "We were gonna go get some Christmas shopping done, then grab a bite."

    "Yeah sounds good." Says Lindsay, with a huge smile on her face.

     "Lemme just go get ready!" She squeals as she walks into the bathroom, a bag in her hand.

  I watch as Ruben lifts up his shirt and reveals his chest, my eyes widen a little at his perfect abb muscles.  I cannot possibly have any feelings for him right? I'm with Luke...and Ruben is just a friend that I used to have feelings for. Key word used to. I quickly turn my head away before anyone notices.

     Five minutes later a dolled up Lindsay walks out of the bathroom, wearing  light blue jean shorts, and a cute light grey tank-top that says "Hakuna Matata" on it, and navy blue vans shoes.

    "Cute." I say smiling.

"Thank ya." She giggles.

"Are we gonna go?" Says Luke as he stands up and grabs the keys off the coffee table.

I nod and we all walk out of the room and to the hotel Lobby. Then we waltz  out to the car.

I sit in the back with Linds and Ruben. While Luke drives, and Jai is in the passenger seat. I love it when Luke drives, he's completely adorable. He starts up the engine and we drive away into the city.

"So when do we get to meet Beau and the others?" asks Lindsay.

"Soon, you'll have to meet Freelee too." I smile.

She gives me a puzzled look. "She's a good friend of mine."

There's an awkward silence. I look out the window at a few skate boarders. And it's like Jai read my mind. "So, Ruben, ever been penny boarding before?"