Chapter 11: My Surprise(s)

*Lyla's POV*

I woke up on the couch with Luke embracing me. I looked at my phone it was 10 am. Then I noticed that I had message.

It was from Ruben.

Ruben: Hey Lyla :)

Hey (: I replied.

I sat up, accidentally bumping Luke. He opened his brown eyes.

"Morning." He yawned.

"Good morning." I smiled.

He sat up next to me and looked at my phone.

"Who's Rubbin....?" He laughed.

"It's pronounced Rew-ben and he's a friend of mine at home." I said casually.

"Oh I see, you haven't told me much about Michigan." He smiled running his hand through his thick brown curls.

"Well what did you want to know?"

"I know your mums name is Jamie but what about your dad, you never seem to talk about him." Said Luke.

It was the truth. I never, ever, talked about my father. It was because he had no importance in my life. Of course I loved him. But he didn't care enough about me to be there when I needed him.

My dad, Nathan, had left when I was 7. He was a heavy alcoholic and he smoked. I still think he loved my mom but he loved the beer and cigarettes more, and mom didn't like that.

"Well, my parents are divorced. I never really see my dad. They would constantly fight, my mom would scream at him for drinking or smoking or whatever he did, she did it because she cared about him, and me, and wanted it to stop. Then one night when I was seven, he just left us. I haven't seen or heard from him since." I said thinking back to that night.

"I'm sorry Lyla." Luke softly gripped my hand.

"It's alright."

"My dad left us when Jai and I were 3.He used to beat mum and scream at her, it was horrible. Then he just disappeared." Said Luke.

I nodded. We had more in common than I thought.

We sat for awhile just thinking. Then I felt Luke's soft lips brush against my cheek.

I wrapped my arms around him, and stared into his beautiful eyes.

He smiled. I crushed my lips to his; re-living the kiss we had yesterday.

"Get a room." I turned to see Jai standing in the hall.

I felt my cheeks burning red.

Jai walked off into the kitchen, and Luke and I just sat for awhile.

Then my phone vibrated. It was Ruben.

Ruben: Can you Skype right now?

Sure hold on. I replied standing up and leading Luke to my room.

"I guess you get to meet Rubbin today." I laughed.

I got out the laptop and we plopped down on my bed.

I began calling Ruben.

His face showed up on the screen. Surprisingly, Lindsay was with him.

"Hey!" He said waving.

"Hi!" I smiled.

Luke waved.

"Who are you??" Asked Ruben.

"This is Luke..." I said.

"Yeah, that's Lyla's boyfriend." Lindsay cut in.

Again, my cheeks were burning red. Luke looked at me smirking.