Chapter 24: The Search

Lukes POV

All of a sudden Jai walks out into the room.

"What's wrong bro?"

"You didn't hear any of that?" I ask.

He shakes his head. "Nope, I had my beats on sorry. What happened?"

"I'm a fucking dick. Karina texted me and Lyla saw it and thought I was cheating. Then I got annoyed and called her a bitch and I hurt her. Then-"

"Like physically hurt her?"

I nod. "Then she called me a bastard and said that she wishes she would've stayed with Beau. And then I...I hit her, in the face."

"Well where is she now?"

"No clue."

"You are a fucking dick! Why didn't you go after her?"

"I don't know I was just caught up in the moment! It's not every day that your girlfriend says she wishes she were with your brother!" I'm yelling again. Not because I'm mad at him, or Lyla. Just myself.

"Well I'm gonna go find her."

"Okay"

"You're an asshole." He yells at me.

Beau's POV

          I'm slowly driving down the street. It's just getting dark. In the dim light of the street lamp I see a girl lying on the bench by the bus stop.

I stop, get out and walk over to her. Immediately I recognize the light brown waves. It's Lyla.

I pick her up bridal style and look at her. There's a big bruise on her face.

Her eyes suddenly open.

"Beau?"

"You've got some explaining to do love." I sit her down on the bench, then take a seat next to her. I hold her caringly in my arms.

She tells me every detail about the fight with Luke.

"You didn't actually mean it when you said you wish you would have stayed with me right? You and Luke are perfect. He was just mad. You guys will make up and everything will be fine." I say.

"I meant it, and he hurt me. I don't want someone like that."

"He's not Lyla. He loves you."

"Yeah sure. Have you seen my face?"

I look at her bruise. It's not horribly noticeable.

"I should have stayed with you. I felt so bad. I just used you and then got with your brother. Then I fixed you and Freelee up. We were perfect Beau. Then Luke had to ruin everything."

I know Lyla doesn't mean any of this. She's angry, sad, hung-over, and probably home sick.

She wraps her arms around me and I don't resist. Then she looks at me with her mesmerizing green eyes, and I fall just as I did before. There's no Luke, no Freelee. Just us.

"I want you Beau." She whispers her face just inches from mine.

I shake my head. "No Lyla you love Luke and you know it."

She presses her warm lips to mine, and I don't pull away.

This is wrong Beau. You're with Freelee. You really like her right?

But you liked Lyla first. Even loved. Then your shitty little brother took her away.

Someone will find out about this whether it's Luke or Freelee or someone else. Then you'll have an even bigger problem.

"C'mon let's get you home..."I say standing up.

"But Beau...."

"Just get in the car Lyla, we're not doing this. You're with Luke, and I'm with Freelee. That's the way it is... Now come on."

She stares at me for a moment then looks away.

"No..."

I pick her up off the bench and throw her over my shoulder. "You're coming home!"

She tries as hard as she can to escape my grip but fails. I walk her to the car and set her on the passenger seat. She sits there all cute with her arms crossed in protest.

I buckle her in and shut the door. Then I sit down start the car and drive off. About half way there she falls asleep.

When we arrive I lift her up, trying not to wake her and walk in the front door.

Mums sitting at the kitchen table quietly scrolling through her phone. She looks up as I walk in.

"Where are Luke and Jai?" I whisper.

"They're out looking for Lyla. How is she?" She asks caringly.

"She's alright, just needs some good rest."

I bring her to her room and carefully set her on her bed. I then slip off her shoes and socks and tuck her in.

I kiss her forehead gently. "Night Lyla. Love you."

I turn my back, and head towards the door.

"Stay.." She mumbles.

"What?"

"Stay....please?"

I take off my shoes and climb into bed with her holding her tightly in my arms.

"I love you too Beau."