Chapter 7: Does Your Power Still Work?

(Quick AN: This is the first story where I know how to commit to the ◇plot◇, but honestly, thank you to the people who save my story in their reading lists, comment, and vote for the chapters! ILY ALL♡)

~~~

Y/n's POV

We got out of the car at the same time almost mimicking each other as we both motioned to the back to get the groceries and clothing we had gotten together.

It was when I opened the trunk to the car when a thought popped up in my head and quickly voiced it to Law.

"You know Law... I was wondering if you could still even use your power in this dimension..."

He looked at me in question as he also thought about the possibility of using his overpowered devil fruit in this other dimension

"Well, it's just a thought. Especially because in this dimension, there isn't really any such thing as a devil fruit. Everyone is pretty powerless other than with money." I voiced as I also rolled my eyes at the last comment.

"Actually, I've been thinking the same thing. Though I'd rather save up my energy than waist it on moving the groceries Y/n-ya." He deadpaned

"Heh, I was just suggesting! No biggie. Plus, I'm really strong, you know." I say as I posed to show my muscles.

"Sure, Y/n." He says as he avoids my glance

'He doesn't believe me!' I thought as I grabbed 3 heavy bags on each hand, struggling to hold it all in my two arms.

'This should prove I'm strong!' I thought as I looked at him a small smirk on his face

"Come on, don't be childish. Give me that." He says, trying to be nice.

I waddle, going to the door of the house but got distracted when Law grabbed the heavy bags out of my hands, leaving me with just 2.

"I know you're strong. There is no need to try and prove it."

I look up at him with his hidden chivalrous side, showing a little. This was pretty nice.

I ring the doorbell to Bepo, smiling at me and Law with the food and clothes we have. We hold it up, and he lets us in helping with the rest of the stuff I was holding.

I honestly felt pretty grateful that these two landed in my footsteps. My lonely black and white world has gotten splashed in beautiful watercolor paint.

Me and Law showed Bepo some of the jumper outfits we found for him, and Law even showed Bepo the stuffed polar bear he got. I swear I saw stars in Bepo's eyes when seeing the mini me.

I laughed at their antics and started getting dinner ready.

Law's POV

When Y/n left, I felt the need to talk to Bepo.

"Bepo-ya, you helped her hide the truth from me. Didn't you?"

"W-well... we wanted to initially slowly tell you. But, well, you know. You figured everything out."

I sighed.

I can't believe she got MY own crew member to join in on her plan.

"There is one more thing I wanted to talk to you about, Bepo-ya. When Y/n goes to work, we need to see if I can still use my powers here in this dimension."

"Huh? Why hide it from her?"

"I don't want to get her hopes up. Honestly, after our battle with Teach, I haven't fully recovered. There's still a feeling of weakness. It might be my pride speaking, but I don't want her to see me struggle again."