Ch.19 - BEFORE THE CHŪNIN EXAMS

It has been 3 whole months ever since team 12 assisted team 7 on their mission and brought along 2 rogue shinobi of kirigakure from the land of waves, At first there was quite the commotion upon that matter in the council but when hiruzen promised to take full responsibility as well as ordered both pretender and kitsune to watch over the duo the protest dies down a little.

After being carefully watched for over 3 whole months the duo were freed and given their official ID's representing them as leaf shinobis, Both zabuza and haku started their new lives in konoha and lives inside a medium sized big house which was gifted to them by naruto.

Zabuza now works with the 'TnI' (Torture and interrogation) unit but also teaches kenjutsu to the newly promoted chūnin or jōnins, Haku on the other now teaches the children in the academy but also sometimes carry out assassination missions with kitsune.

Now as for minato, The man was almost on the brink of losing himself. After the wave mission kakashi reported back to his sensei and told him everything.

After listening minato couldn't believe his ears when he heard as what his eldest son did during the whole wave mission, The blonde kage was in awe when kakashi revealed to him as how'd he make a swift deal with zabuza and actually paid him 25 million ryo in cash for joining konoha but what really shocked minato is when he heard about his son's hidden ability to use '(Yōton) - Lava release'.

This piece of info hit both parents hard.

On the other hand pretender founds isobu and somehow managed to convince him to come along and live with him peacefully instead of just wandering from place to place where he could be hunted and sealed away.

After a long talk isobu finally gives in but demanded to live in a place where no one would disturb him and he could remain inside the ocean all day long in which pretender agrees happily and takes isobu to one of his personal dimensions where he now remains peacefully.

Now as for team 12 itself they seem to have earned the title for being the strongest genin team in both inside konoha and outside it's boundaries. Their reputation is very well earned as in the last 3 months team 12 have taken multiple A to S rank mission behind everyones knowledge except for hiruzen and pretender but as they get more stronger they started becoming bored to the point where they even took an SS rank mission yet still couldn't find any satisfaction.

Moreover aside from a selective few nobody knows that they have already completed 2 'SSS rank' missions.

Ever since team 12 completed their first SSS rank mission which took them 4 days the most it convinced hiruzen completely that their power has no equal in the whole village except for their father, Hiruzen at one point tried giving them the promotion straight to jōnins but the trio politely declined which surprised the old kage.

Providing their reasoning to be that they wanna avoid the unnecessary attention and besides it's much fun doing things this way, Moreover they wanna join the upcoming chūnin exams of this year as well.

Now as for yamato, The jōnin had gotten fully used to his students by now. Plus the team after completing various S-SS rank missions for months with their sensei slowly but surely started opening up with him however they also threatened the man as not to tell anyone about their true status or skills, Especially the 4th hokage otherwise else at which yamato paled in fear like a ghost.

Moreover as the sign of trust naruto showed yamato his air walking upon which the jōnin's eyes almost popped out from his skull, After seeing that yamato asked naruto if he would also teach him this ability on which our hero nods but reminds his sensei to keep it a secret from others in which yamato agrees instantly.