CH.8 - OCTOBER 10

~~~In konoha~~~

Today is october 10th, The day of naruto's birthday as well as his siblings naomi and menma but aside from their birthdays this was also the very day when the kyūbi attacked konoha and almost destroyed it but stopped and defeated by the yondaime (4th) hokage minato namikaze who later sealed away the beast within his own 3 children.

This event which took place 3 years ago is now celebrated every year for the victory of their beloved yondaime over the kyūbi.

Both naomi and menma who hold the chakra of the kyūbi were always treated as royalty and seen as heroes of the village while naruto who hold the kyūbi's soul was always treated like dirt and beaten whenever the villagers get the chance.

But things get much grotesque, Especially on naruto's birthday and unknown minato that the wretched population of konoha has turned his honorary festival into their personal hunting festival which they call it the 'Fox hunt'.

Today was the day that remarked the history of konoha on two different views. The one which the uzumaki-namikaze family and the villagers saw as a glorious and most joyful day and the other which naruto remembers as the most scary and horrifying day of his life.

(Present day - Morning)

Like usual another beautiful day came for the cursed citizens of konoha, All except but one...Naruto. The boy knew what day it is and what's gonna happen to him but on the other hand he somewhat felt different like today's also gonna mark the beginning of something new which he couldn't comprehend.

Naruto get up from his bed and picks his towel and brush and goes to take his early morning shower, It takes him about 30 min's to refresh himself but once he was done he comes out and encounters naomi outside. The said girl has a cheerful smile on her face with her cheeks being slightly red.

"Happy birthday naruto-nii!!" Naomi congratulates naruto cheerfully with a big happy smile.

Naruto becomes really happy and gently ruffles naomi's hair.

"Thank you naomi-chan, Also a very happy birthday to you too!" Naruto says, All this lovingness from her brother cause naomi to blush even more.

"T-thanks nii-san...A-anyway i have to take my shower now...I-i'll see you later, Bye.." Naomi said to naruto before rushing inside the bathroom.

Naruto was yet again left confused by naomi's strange behaviour but didn't bother to think too much about it and goes into his room to gets dressed, He wears a new set of clothes which he recently just acquired from his big brother. Upon remembering about drake he becomes a bit sad and wonders whether his brother would actually be able to make it to his birthday or not.

As naruto was lost in his thoughts he hears kurama's voice inside his mind calling out to him.

"Hey kit you there" Kurama ask.

"Kurama! How are you buddy, I didn't heard from you in a while" Naruto ask with a bright mood once again.

"I'm doing great kit and sorry for not keeping in touch, Anyway i wish you a really well happy birthday" Kurama says to naruto who becomes surprised that his new made friend remembered his birthday where his own parents failed to remember his existence.

"Thanks kurama...Y'know this means a lot to me, I can't tell you how happy it makes me...Thank you" Naruto says with pure gratitude in his voice.

"It's not a big deal kit so don't worry about anything and just enjoy your day" (Kurama)

"Sure but let's talk a bit more, I'm coming over" Naruto says getting on his bed and starts meditating to meet kurama in his inner world, When he gets there he runs and hugs the big fox.