16.1: can i be him? (m)

inspiration: those clips of travis texting during the new heights podcast. lyrics: can i be him by james arthur

i heard there was someone, but i know he don't deserve you. if you were mine i'd never let anyone hurt you. i wanna dry those tears, kiss those lips. it's all i've been thinking about.

The sound of their bodies clapping and her moans bouncing off the walls of her bedroom sounded like music to Travis's ears. He didn't understand how he was able to get himself into this situation, but he was taking it all in and enjoying the moment. He had had a crush on her since he first heard one of her songs back in his senior year of high school. She was gorgeous then, and even more gorgeous now, especially now that she was under him, taking in every inch of him. As a 17-year-old boy, he never imagined he would meet his celebrity crush, let alone have her in his bed 15 years later, screaming his name.

*** 

one month earlier.

Travis was looking down at his phone, when he heard his brother whistling, trying to get his attention

Travis was looking down at his phone, when he heard his brother whistling, trying to get his attention. He snapped out of his trance, putting his phone down, and placing the headphones back on his ears. "Can you stop being distracted by your phone so we can finish this up?" Jason asked. "Who are you texting anyway? Whoever it is, she has you grinning like a little schoolgirl." He still hadn't told anyone, not even his brother about Taylor sending him a text message. They had spoken about him trying to shoot his shot on their podcast a few weeks prior, but then, then he had gotten a text message. A text message he never thought he would get. When he saw "Hi, it's Taylor" in his phone, he almost threw it across his living room. He did not believe it was real, until the conversation continued.

"Stop." Travis laughed. Truth was, that's how he felt texting her. He felt giddy every time her name popped up on his phone. He never thought he would have a chance with her in a million years. He and his brother finished up their weekly podcast. He cut the recording and cleaned up his office before leaving out. He opened up the messages on his phone one last time. Looking at the last text Taylor sent him. She was in Kansas City for her Era's Tour show, and he wanted to meet up with her. Their text had been great, but he wanted to see her face up close and in person. He went to her show night one, hoping to do just that. But her team rushed her out so fast, he wasn't able to get the chance. He smirked before replying. They had been flirting via text for the better part of a few weeks now. Each text a bit more spicy than the next.