50.2: what's past is past.

continuation of fifteen

-----------------------

Bailey came into the house and threw her things onto the floor near the door. "Momma?" Bailey called out to her mom, after not seeing her car in the driveway. She was normally home when she got home.

"In the kitchen." Taylor called out to her daughter. Bailey walked into the kitchen to see her mother standing at the stove and her grandmother, Andrea, sitting at the island.

"Hi Nana!" Bailey said, walking over to her grandmother, and kissing her cheek.

"Hey. How's my girl. How is school?" Andrea asked her oldest grandchild. Bailey shrugged her shoulders. "I know that shrug. It means not good." Taylor let out a little laugh, once she covered the pot that held tonight's dinner, she turned the stove down, and turned around to face her daughter and mother.

"Someone's been a little distracted by a boy." Taylor said, exposing her daughter's little secret that she was keeping from her Nana.

"Sounds like another teenager I use to know." Andrea said, looking directly at her daughter. Taylor knew Bailey was just like her. Very boy crazy, but even crazier for this one boy, who her father very much did not approve of in the slightest. Taylor had to tell Travis a million times that if Bailey felt disrespected and like her boyfriend wasn't treating her family, she had to see that ton her own. There was nothing he could say to make her see what they saw as parents. Taylor knew that for a fact, because if she had listened to her own parents, she and Travis wouldn't have the family they have together. "The same one that ended up pregnant at 17."

Travis walked into school and headed for his locker. Usually he'd be off to find Taylor and his other friends, but he wasn't up for chit chat today. After his night of failed attempts to get in touch with Taylor the night before; he didn't know how he would handle actually seeing her now. He swapped out the books he had in his backpack for the ones he needed for the first half his day before slamming the locker shut.

"Hey." He saw her face the second he turned in the direction of her first period class. He wasn't expecting to see her, and quite frankly, he kind of didn't want to at the moment. If he had managed to escape into his first period, he wouldn't have seen her until lunch since they didn't have their first few classes together this year.

"Oh, now you want to talk?" He said giving her a confused look. Normally he wouldn't be too bitter about her ignoring his phone calls, but after her abruptly leaving class and never returning the day before, he was worried about her. He still was, but clearly she was fine given that she was standing right in front of him looking healthy.

"I can explain." Taylor defended, but Travis had already decided to brush pass her. Quickly, she grabbed his arm before he was too far out of her reach. "Trav, please. I really need to talk to you about something."

He let out an aggravated sigh. "What, Taylor?" He asked, turning to face her.

"Can we go somewhere? I really don't want to be here today anyway." She gave him a set of her best puppy dog eyes and he was sold. He couldn't resist when she looked at him like that, and it was pretty much the end of any anger he had towards her. She knew it was his weakness and used it to get her way from time to time, careful to not abuse it just in case he caught on to it one day.

"Why can't you just tell me later?" Travis wasn't exactly the type to skip class, let alone a whole day of school. Typically he was down for skipping classes, even skipping school, but he was trying to hold up the facade that he was mad at her.