39.0: hard to love.

i am insensitive. i have a tendency to pay more attention to the things that i need. [...] i don't deserve it but i love that you love me, girl.

"Tay, what are you doing?" Travis asked, with a laugh, as the blonde crawled into his bed. Sharing a hotel room with Taylor was always one of Travis' favorite things, but tonight he just wasn't up for the blonde's cuddly nature.

"I just want to lay with you." Taylor wrapped her arms around Travis' waist, snuggling up to him. Their relationship was complicated. It was the only way either of them knew how to describe it. They were more than bandmates and friends, but also less than lovers.

Travis let out a little sigh. "Babe, we can't keep doing this." Travis knew exactly what Taylor meant with her words and actions. Maybe he was at fault for leading the adorable little blonde on for so long, but he figured that she would know by now that he didn't want anything serious. Not right now anyway.

"But why, Trav? Why can't we? Explain it to me." Taylor sat up, and stared down at Travis, with a frown on her face. Travis hated to see her with that silly little pout on her lips. All he wanted right now was to forget this conversation and kiss her lips and sleep. They had an interview tomorrow along with watching the audition for the dancers for their upcoming performances and tour.

"It's late. We can have this talk some other time." Travis tried to distract her, but he could tell by the look in those blue eyes, that she wasn't going to drop it, not this time. "You know I don't want to be in a relationship right now. I don't want you to get hurt. I've told you this, love." Travis reached up and ran his thumb across Taylor's cheek, causing her to pull away. "You know I love you, don't do this." He was saying anything at the moment to get the conversation to end. He would even take laying here with Taylor over them continuing to talk about this.

The few seconds that passed, seemed like an hour, before Taylor laid back down and made herself comfortable in the space next to Travis again. "I hate Kayla." She mumbled. Travis heard that phrase all too many times over the last few years. Travis relationship with Kayla was a rocky one from start to finish, but somehow they managed to stay together for almost 3 years. Between the cheating scandals and the countless breakups and make-ups, Travis honestly wanted nothing to do with a relationship anytime soon, especially one with a bandmate that would only cause more talk. He wanted to relax for a bit. See what it was like to not have his name in headlines every other day over something that was most likely 95% false. It was already bad enough that even as a single man, Kayla's new relationship was causing him to be spoken of. He had nothing to do with her or the new person she was dating but somehow, he was still brought up more than he would like to be.

Travis stroked Taylor's hair, soothing the girl. The tension Travis could feel in Taylor's body was slowly melting away. "I know you do." Taylor wasn't the only one who hated Kayla. The other three members of their band had their own views and options of the girl that was around them consistently. The four of them were protective of each other. If one of them was hurting, they were all hurting, and Travis' relationship didn't just take a toll on him, but on his four best friends. Every little thing that went wrong, Travis couldn't help but to spew his anger out to them. "So do Aric, Selena, and Patrick."

"What about you?" It was something he had never thought of before. Did he hate her? After all they went through together, mostly the downs, did he hate his ex?

"I don't know." He finally replied, after much thought.

"Do you still love her?"

"A little." Saying it out loud made it more real. He did still love his ex and it was one of the main reasons he didn't want to get into a new relationship. He knew Taylor could be high maintenance when it came to relationships, and he just didn't need that right now. He didn't want that right now. He wanted some time to spend getting to know himself again before he had to manage himself in another relationship. "Can we just sleep? I don't want to talk about this anymore." Travis felt Taylor's head nodding into his chest.

"I love you, Trav." Travis knew Taylor meant that in more than a friendly way, but he continued to just stroke the girl's hair, letting the room remain silent.

It wasn't long before he heard light snores coming from the blonde. He pulled the covers over the two of them, and closed his eyes, ready to fall asleep himself. "I love you, too, Tay. I love you, too."