best friend's brother: Rafe Cameron

Falling for Rafe Cameron, your best friend's brother, was the epitome of a cliché.

What was even worse was that you were sneaking behind her back. You knew it was wrong and that you should just be honest to her about it, but you were scared.

They didn't get along at all or see eye to eye, ever. Telling her that you're dating her brother was not exactly the thing she'd want to hear.

"Hey there" Rafe's voice whispered in your ear as he appeared behind you.

"Hey" you gave him a small smile and looked around, making sure nobody was around before you leaned up and pecked his lips.

"What brings you here? You have plans with my sister?" he asked as he sat down on the couch next to you.

"Yeah, she said she wanted to hang out because we haven't done it in a while" you pouted, wishing more than anything that you could go up to Rafe's room and cuddle with him.

"Ah. Where is she anyway?"

"She said she had to go change"

He nodded and tapped his fingers against his leg.

"I've missed you" you whispered, taking his hand in yours.

"I've missed you, too. I haven't seen you in 2 days but it felt like 2 years" he groaned silently, resting his head against your shoulder.

"Believe me, I know. I can't believe I went 2 days without seeing your handsome face" you flirted and planted a kiss on his head.

"I saw your face everywhere I looked. I wanted nothing more than to come to your house and just stay with you all day long, but my dad kept finding things for me to do like he knew what I had been thinking about" he vented, finally being able to get things off his chest.

It wasn't like you hadn't been texting absolutely non-stop in the 2 days that you hadn't seen each other, but he always liked your conversations when you were together. They had more depth, he said.

"I'm sorry, bub" you whispered. tracing imaginary figures on his arm with the tip of your nail.

You heard someone clear their throat from behind you, making you both look back. There stood Sarah, her hands on her hips and a murderous look on her face.

"What the hell is going on here?" her voice echoed in the entire house, making you pull away from each other.

"I can explain" you said, getting up and moving towards her.

"You better. What the hell are you doing with Rafe?"

"Jesus, Sarah, lower your voice. I think there are a couple of aliens that didn't hear you" Rafe mumbled, making Sarah shoot daggers in his direction with her eyes.

"Look, this is not how I wanted you to find out" you started, trying to soften the blow as much as possible.

"Find out what?"

"That Y/N and I are dating" Rafe commented before you could say anything.

You turned around and glared at him, making him raise his hands in surrender and sit back down on the couch, this time facing you.

"I'm sorry, did you just say dating?" she was now looking at you, probably expecting you to deny what Rafe just said.

Without saying a word, you silently nodded.

"How long has this been going on?" her voice was calmer now, but she still sounded upset.

"A couple of months" your voice was really soft, not wanting to anger her more.

"So you've been sneaking around my back for months? You didn't even feel the need to tell me? Your best friend?" she asked, making you look at the ground in shame.

"Don't talk to her like that. This is exactly why we didn't want to tell you" Rafe suddenly butted in, coming over and standing in front of you.

You silently reached down and took his hand, which he gladly held.

"Oh, so now it's my fault that you've been lying to me?" Sarah continued, making you suddenly irritated by her behavior.

"Look at how you're reacting, it's like we killed someone. I can't help it if I fell in love with her, did you expect me to ask for your permission or something?" Rafe said, making your eyes widen at his statement.

"You love me?" your voice was so soft that he almost didn't hear you, but he did.

He turned around and took your face in his hands, smiling.

"Of course I do. I've been in love with you ever since you started hanging out with Sarah"

"I love you too" you whispered, bringing your hands up to rest on his that we're holding your face.

"Uh, hello? I'm still here and this conversation isn't over" Sarah interrupted your moment, making you sigh.

"Sarah, look. I never wanted this to happen because it's such a cliché to fall for your best friend's brother. But it happened, and I couldn't just stand by and do nothing. I love your brother and I'm sorry I've been keeping this from you, but I'm finally happy. Truly happy. Please just try to understand this" you took her hands in yours, trying to appeal to her soft side.

She kept looking between the two of you, not saying anything for a couple of moments.

"Is he treating you right?" she finally broke the silence, but she was still glaring at Rafe.

"He is, you know I would kick his ass if he wasn't" you chuckled at the end, making a smile appear on Sarah's face.

"Let's say I accept you two dating. Please don't make out in front of me or fuck on my bed or the couch" her look changed from a smiling to a disgusted one.

"I promise" you said, looking back at Rafe. He hesitated for a moment before agreeing.

Sarah pulled you into a hug, making you feel relieved. You had been so scared of telling her about your relationship, and even though she didn't want to hear t in the beginning, you were glad she came around.

"Be careful" she whispered in your ear once you pulled away, which you nodded it.

She turned around and left for the kitchen, giving you and Rafe some privacy.

"That went better than I thought it would" you told Rafe, wrapping your arms around his waist.

"I don't even care if she approves or not. It wouldn't stop me from being with you. But I knew it was important to you, so I figured I would behave" he smiled, holding your face in his right hand.

"Thank you" you leaned up and pressed your lips against his, closing the gap between your bodies.

"I told you no making out in front of me!!!" Sarah yelled once she came back and saw you two making out in the middle of the living room.

You both laughed, knowing that you were not going to live this down.