I Would Give Her the Stars: Bruce Banner

Summary: "In that moment I would have gone to the ends of the universe if she pleased. I would have given her all the stars in the galaxy."

Tags: Tooth-Rotting Fluff, Slight Angst,

Paring: Bruce Banner x Fem Reader

It was early, the tower was absent of noise with the exception of the whistling tea kettle sat upon the stove. Tony and I had been working all night to calibrate a new GPS system for the quinjet. It was hard work that required precision and concentration. That was hard to perform, however, when my lab partner was blasting Black Sabbath as if he were at some sort of underground warehouse party.

My eyes ached from staring at my screen for so many hours, the throbbing synced with that of the headache that had crept its way up to my temples. I just couldn't take the work any longer, which is something I don't often say. I have a passion for lab work; I mean, I wouldn't have seven PHDs in the sciences if I didn't. That night, however, I needed an escape.

I needed to go see her.

I knew where she'd be. Up on the rooftop, staring out over the urban skyline. That's where she went to think after her attempts to get some rest were tried and failed. New York truly is the city that never sleeps, and neither does Y/N.

I rummaged through the cupboard until I had retrieved her favorite mug, and paired it with the one she had gifted me last month. There had been no special occasion, she said she saw it and thought of me. It was one of those novelty mugs you find at convenience stores. On the front were the words "science is my bitch" written in a large bold font. I laughed the hardest I had in months after opening that gift. The rest of the team gives me weird looks whenever I use it, but that mug was the first gift I had received in a very long time.

I took the kettle off the stove and prepared the two mugs of tea. One spoonful of honey, just how Y/N liked it. Afterwards I made my way to the elevator before requesting JARVIS take me to my destination. As I began my ascent my nerves began to get the best of me. I have this habit of second guessing myself, of letting my mind spiral into anxiousness. These thoughts, however, came to a halt as the elevator doors opened to reveal Y/N sat upon her chair serenely gazing out over the bustling city streets.

At the sound of the elevator ding she turned her head, her lips curving upwards into a smile as she took in my presence.

Y/N always smiled when I walked in the room.

"Well hey there genius" she greeted, her grinning face illuminated by that of the dimmed roof lighting, and the neon glow of the Avengers symbol plastered on the front of the tower.

"Hey Y/N, um- I brought tea." I responded, gesturing the two mugs I held in my hands.

"Somebody pinch me. Not only has Dr. Banner escaped from his natural habitat, but he also comes bearing gifts! I'm in shock."

I laughed heartily, "Well, my natural habitat has been invaded by a wild and obnoxious Tony Stark." I responded.

"Anybody who manages to survive Stark is more than welcome here. Besides you've been down in that lab for hours, you're gonna fucking suffocate if you don't get some fresh air." She said as she gave the seat next to her a pat, thus signaling her wish for me to sit there.

I thanked her before sitting down and handing her the cup of tea. "Careful it's hot." I warned, not wanting her to burn her hands on the hot ceramic. As I handed over the mug I felt her fingers lightly brush over mine, causing my heart to flutter.

She thanked me in return before reminding me that she always enjoyed my company. Her words filled my chest with a warmth that I rarely feel nowadays. A warmth that I only feel when I'm with her.