Chapter 7

"With the 1st pick in the 2018 draft the Phoenix Suns select DeAndre Ayton from Arizona state university" Adam Silver announced as a certain someone watched sitting in a very small section in the event father away from everyone.  

Said person got up from his seat hugging his family before walking up the steps to the commissioner. Second person in the draft was called and Elijah knew it was definitely not him. He probably wasn't even in the first round so he was going to be waiting for a long time to be called.

Adam Silver came out again before announcing a trade between Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks "So the Dallas Mavericks select Luka Doncic from Serbia" Commissioner announced with a smile as Luka came up the steps after hugging his family.

After several names called and a few trades here and there the first round had finally ended. Seating in a very secluded place very far from where the main was taking place Elijah watched as names after names were called, selected by teams and some even traded. But a pit was starting to form in his stomach that he might no be getting that call telling him congratulation and that he had just been picked from any team.

Just three more draft left Elijah hoped and pray that God would answer his prayers and let his name be among the last three  drafts. But it looks like God had other plans has the three remaining draft picks were called, one after the other down the the 60th pick and his name was not among.

Just looking at that screen he felt like he could cry, scratch it he was crying. He wasn't called. He saw players passed by him some snickering at him as they saw the tears rolling down his face. Why did he believe that any team was going to want him? That he was actually going to get drafted.

How would he be able to face his family?

They had even got an agent for him?

Getting up he walked out of the now concluded draft. Keeping as far away as possible to avoid being seen by anyone. He could see families congratulating their sons for getting drafted but he was all alone. No family beside him to console him on not making it he knew he was going to get insulted once he got home.

Arriving at his mothers house in New York. He could already see cars parked outside letting him know that many of his mom family and friends where here including his siblings. Nervously he opened the entrance walking in to see them having a get together. Seeing as they were to busy in there conversations I believed I could sneak in without them seeing me but my hope was shot lived.

"See the boy that thought he was actually going to make it to the NBA" Irene my cousin said loudly with a smirk on her face. Before I knew it everyone's attention was now focused on me. My mom looks at me with disappointment then looks away.

"To think aunt wasted her money to get you an agent when  she could have used that money for something better" Daniel said "and what's that supposed to mean Daniel. Are you okay? Please watch how you talk to me. What do you mean I could have used the money for better? Who are you to tell me how to use my money in my house?" My mom said obviously upset making Daniels and his family laughter die down.

"Am sorry aunty" he said knowing he was in trouble "sorry for your self. Take your time or the next time I will send you out of this house" She said obviously upset with him "am sorry aunty" he said while throwing a glare my way. But I had hope maybe my mother did love me.

"You  go to the basement. I can look at you right now such a disappointment" She said staring me down and I nodded. As I made my way to the basement I immediately heard a gasp from around the room. I started to feel a certain sensation in my chest it became stronger and stronger till it slowly died down. I then felt like something was crawling around the skin on my chest it felt like some one was drawing something over my chest and I had no idea who it was.

"No way. I refuse to believe it. There's no way Elijah is my soulmate." I heard Miracle say. What? Miracle is my soulmate "damn Miracle you stuck with the bum" Lori laughed. "You too Bey, Rob damn all of you three "

"No there has to be a mistake" Beyonce said jumping from her seat "he can not be my mate. I cant' imagine being anyway in that situation with him" Beyonce shivers at the thought.

"Nigga I know you weren't having hope" Rihanna said looking towards me with pure hatred and I looked down.

"Trashy ass" Miracle said obviously upset.

A/N: Sorry for taking so long with this chapter. I will try to be more faster with the update.