Chapter 23

Haru ^^

"I thought he was dead. What's going on? People don't seem shocked by this" Solange said in surprise.

"Trust me the whole world was surprised it was one of the biggest news for a while when Elijah made an appearance during the sentencing of both Alex and Lucan Bridges. Elijah did die or was close to dying but the guy who recorded the video of him being buried took him somewhere and brought him back treating his wounds so his back he's been back for five months now didn't you know that"

The group of ladies made there way out of the arena in shock. Elijah survived he was alive. No wonder there mate mark reformed going from nearly faded to bold and beautiful. "I can't believe it. We missed so much" Beyoncé said as she rubbed her mate mark unknowingly.

The elevator ride felt so slow as it went down. They were deep in their thoughts they had not realized that some one else was there with them till the elevator to a stop on a floor. Miracle took notice that they did not press the number of the floor they were going to since Robyn was closest to the buttons she decide to let her know "Robyn you didn't press the floor number" 

"Fuck I wasn't paying attention"

The elevator doors opened and someone surprisingly popped up from the corner about to exist. "Shit he scared the fuck out of me had no idea someone else was in here" Solange said holding her chest in shock.

Beyoncé having a better look of the person who was obviously a basketball player based on how tall he was took notice of the lose dreads and hazel eyes called out lowly "Elijah"

This caught the attention of the others as they saw man continuing walking ignoring her. Beyoncé went out the elevator speed walking towards him "Elijah wait" She grabbed his arm.

Beyoncé's POV:

"Elijah wait" I grabbed his arm making him stop. His head tilted sideways looking at my hand on his arm before looking at me with a blank look. I couldn't read him I could not understand what he was thinking. What ever I wanted to say to him got stuck in my throat when my gaze met his, eyes so bright yet so dim. He's  tall statue towered over me making me feel small. I was so stuck looking at him I did not even realize that I hold removed my hand from him till he turned around and walked away not saying anything. I continued staring at his back till he had turned a corner and I could no longer see him.

"That was really Elijah" Robyn said lowly just as stuck as I was. "Bey come on we have to go". We got back in the elevator and went to the first floor. With the help of our bodyguards we got pass Paparazzi.

"Beyoncé over"

"Rihanna where did you guys go?"

"What are you guys doing at the game?"

"You were friends with Elijah's family. How come neither you guys or any of his family said anything about his returning. Surely you knew"

"No we didn't we just found out. His family doesn't know either" was the short reply of Robyn. We finally got pass them and got in our cars. We have to tell aunty Jane.

With Elijah

"Haru I thought about it. I will take the money" I said 

"Alright I will set a meeting with Roberts. You try and get some rest you played really well today. Keep playing like that and you will get more minutes" he said over the phone he knew I wasn't going to say anything but I agreed with him so he bid me good night and hanged up.

I took my shirt and pants off leaving me in only boxers I took it off and got in the shower. I turned the cold water on not being bothered as the really cold water hit my skin. I felt relieved as the water seemed to cool me down after today's game. I grabbed my wash cloth and body wash squeezing a nice amount of the the body wash into my wash cloth before rubbing the cloth against my skin.

I scrubbed every corners of my body not caring about my scars. I used to hate them a part of me still does. But they are going to be a part of me, a reminder of my journey and also a painful reminder of how weak and useless I was to save Priscilla or Ariana. I see them and it fuels me to want to get stronger. 

Once done scrubbing my body with the wash cloth I rinsed my body allowing myself to remain under the water for a while before getting out and drying off. I rubbed some lotion on my body before standing in the mirror looking at my mate mark which looked burnt off. I thought back to when she grabbed me. Why were they following me?

Never mind that. Am going to watch some basketball game tapes get ready for the next game. My teammates were asleep they looked very tired after the game. Normally they would play video games but not today. Once dressed I sat on the bed grabbing my laptop and watching video of the Suns last games.

A/N: A picture of Haru above. He's actually from one of my favorite Korean series but I decided to use him since he plays a badass lawyer in the movie. Haru Shohei is Elijah's Lawyer and agent.