Chapter 18

"I killed you"

"But I survived" was the reply of Elijah.

As people came out the court room they were shocked by what they saw Elijah was alive. Lucas seeing this "ELIJAH THANK GOD YOUR ALIVE. YOU HAVE TO GO BACK AND TELL THE JUDGE YOUR NOT DEAD, SO I DON'T GO TO JAIL. I CAN'T GO TO JAIL" Lucas screamed crying.

"I've seen  enough" Elijah said as he turned around walking away despite Lucas screaming behind him. "I CAN'T GO TO JAIL. YOU HAVE TO DO SOMETHING" Lucas yelled as him and a shocked Alex were dragged to the prison van.

Many of the people there, news, magazines and gossip televisions were all taking pictures and recording. This was going to be a huge news. The Bridges family were already making plan to find away to talk to Elijah to help their families out the situation. 

This happened five days ago and the news spreaded like wildfire. Elijah was alive. Upon hearing this the Bridges family went to the judge office with their family lawyer to reduce their sons sentence but it was rejected. 

"But why? He's alive" Victoria the mother of Alex and Lucas said "yes he's alive. But your sons took part in torturing him and the scars on his body along with the video's showed that. The man who found Elijah's body treated him and nursed him back to health if not he was already dead" The judge said making the family sigh.

"Is there a way the case can be reduced you know if we get him to drop it?" Henry Bridges father of Lucas and Alex asked. 

"And how do you plan to do that. Attack him you and your family already did way to much damage to him. His sister and her child your grandchild is dead because of your son. Neither of your sons deserve mercy. Plus Elijah didn't take you to court the state did so even if he came here and asked the charges to be dropped it wouldn't" The judge explained making Henry sigh but Victoria was seriously upset.

"Why would the state do it? They didn't care before why now? The only reason they are doing this is so they won't look to bad after all the things they did before. Why does my sons have to suffer for the state to clear their name" Victoria said in a threatening manner.

"Watch your words" one of the state officials said. "Or what? You will arrest me to?" She asked not understanding that her family no longer had any power. "We could do that since your family is owning IRS $200 millions in taxes which you guys covered up and have refused to pay" the state official said making Victoria wince and Henry's eyes widen.

Fuck Victoria. Henry thought.

"Um we don't have to go that far" Victoria said quietly.

"Well Mr and Mrs Bridges I am a very busy man so if you can excuse yourself out of my office I would very much appreciate it" the judge said annoyed by the family. 

Twitter

Adrian02: Elijah's alive how?

Username01: @Adrian02 someone found Elijah's body in the place he was buried took him and treated him till he was back to good health. I guess that's why neither the police or the FBI could find his body after it was revealed that Alex killed him.

Username04: It's crazy but I just hope this doesn't decrease Alex or Lucas sentence. They deserve to suffer for what they did to him and Alex deserve to rot in jail for killing his amazing wife and child.

Username01:  @Username04 it won't even though Elijah survived it still doesn't change what they did. I heard their family's went to appeal to get a lesser sentence but it was rejected.

Damian: Looking at Elijah you could tell everything he been through changed him. He looks indifferent and his voice sounds cold. Man got taller to.

Username01: @Damian I would be surprised if he didn't change. You have to understand shit Elijah went through will change any body even the most happiest, go lucky person ever which at one point was Elijah. I mean despite what he went through in his child hood being lynched and seeing his father figure die then getting neglected and bullied hated by the world he was always nice and smiled a lot even through the pain. You have to understand that everyone has their breaking points.

Damian replied: Facts

Adrian02: I hope everything workout for him. Am glad he's not given up on basketball. I heard he joined the Illawarra Hawks on a three months contract. Hopefully he can get a chance a real chance at the NBA.

Username01: @Adrian02 I don't know about that. The NBA might feel bad for him but am not sure they will let him in out of pity. It's a business unless he got really good at the game and they see that then I see an NBA team picking him to play. But he's going to be playing with Melo though.

Adrian02: true. But he got taller though he was 6 feet 3 when he was in Memphis and sentenced. Now he's like 6 feet 6 inches and looks like he has room to grow an extra inch. I don't know what position he can play.

ELIJAH'S POV:

"Welcome to the team"

"Thank you coach"

"Since your new here. We are going to run a five on five game and have you in it. To see what you can do, what we need to work on and what position we might need you to play" He explained before taking me to the team practice where he blew his whistle.

"Gather up boys. Today a new member is joining our team. This is Elijah Davies. you might have heard of him one way or the other he will now be a member of the team till the team decides other wise or something else comes up. We are going to run a gam of five on five. LaMelo your with them Elijah your with opposing team. I want to see if you can run point if needed. You boys set up" 

A/N: Elijah joined Illawarra Hawks and will be playing with LaMelo. What do you think?

Will Elijah be able to prove himself to get some NBA attention?