Chapter 20

ELIJAH'S POV:

PRISCILLA 

I jumped off the couch I was laying on looking around as sweat covered my entire body. 

I slept off

I could here the noise from the TV playing as I was watching some game play footage of the Boston Celtics who we were playing next before I slept off. I turned the TV off before going for my water bottle to drink some water. Putting the bottle to my lips it was empty.

*Sigh*

I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. Unscrewing the top I chugged down more than half of the cool liquid. Checking the time it was 2:00 am. I went to the empty guest bedroom inside my apartment which I had turned into a small workout room in my apartment with floor mats, weight vest, a pull up bar by the door and a few hand holds.

Starting with light stretches, the going to splits. Spreading my legs far apart while pressing my shoulder to the floor my nose almost touching the ground and my arms on each side of my leg. I remained there for two minutes. I stretched again hearing some popping sounds from my bones.

Pressing my back unto the wall while squatting with my arms stretched forward. I look like I was riding a bike. This use to be one of the punishment given to me in school in Nigeria but it's become a workout for me to strengthen my legs.

I spent the next three hours doing my morning workout which included pull ups, sit ups, push ups, jump ropes, dips, planche push ups and behind the back pull up finished my workout with a 30 minutes run. 

The workout really helped clear my mind as I got in the shower soaking under the cold water. I have been in Oklahoma for two week's now did training with the team and everything today will be the first game I was in for them. Well my first game with them would have been three days ago but they wanted me to go for medical check up with the team to make sure everything is okay with me before I play in any game for them. Although am not sure if am playing today but if coach tells me to go out there and play then am ready. 

Coming out the shower and brushing my teeth (Won't lie. For some weird reason I brush my teeth after bathing in the morning) I moisturized my body with lotion before putting on team practice gear. 

My apartment wasn't to far from the team Arena just 20 minutes with bike it was faster. The team with Haru helped me get this apartment since I was always sleeping in the practice courts due to not having a place here or a car, I don't even have drivers license to be honest. 

But Haru picked a place for me to stay. It was a nice two bedroom apartment, with two bathrooms, a living room and kitchen with a balcony. It was enough for me. I don't have a car yet so I ride my bicycle to practice. Which is what am currently doing. 

"Whoa your super early" Shai Gilgeous Alexander said as he walked in while I was working on my three point shooting. "Good morning" 

"Good Morning" I simply replied the ball hit rim and he grabbed it passing it

"Thank you"

 "What you working on ?" He asked as he dribbled the basketball  "Ball handling and shooting" I replied as I bounce the ball switching from one hand to the other before taking a shot from the wing. 

"Good idea. You ready for you first game with the team?" He asked and I nodded "don't stress over it. I watched some of your game from overseas you got some dawg in you" he said and nodded looking at "appreciate it and your really good"

"Listen I know you been through a lot and you feel like you can't trust nobody but I want you to know you ain't alone man. This your new team man we different and if you ever need someone to talk to or work on your game with man you could come to me alright."