Chapter 40

Miracle

Miracle

Being pregnant wasn't easy it was crazy that Tyler was refusing to take responsibility as he says it will take to much of his time. Crazy enough Elijah has been the one stepping in even though he acts like he doesn't care. But you know what I don't need him. Am going to carry this child, love and take care of my child. Right now I was having lunch with one of my best friends.

"How you feeling?" Bernice asked taking a seat next to me "happy but at the same time nervous. What about you with everything that happened?" Bernice hasn't been the same since the death of Priscilla and finding out how she died. She's cut her self from the world and doesn't really smile any more. From what her daughter told me she cries herself to sleep every night blaming herself for what happen.

"Okay" She gave a smile but I could tell she wasn't happy "Bernice" I called out she gave a sigh "don't worry yourself about me Mir" she took a sip from her lemonade "Aisha has been worried sick about you she told me you've been crying your self to sleep at night. You can't keep doing this to yourself"

"The love of my life died, my soulmate died in the most brutal way with the only person she had being forced to watch. I lost my soul mate the one that was destined for me. Am never going to see her again or hear voice. The most painful part is that I abandoned her, I left her. Am never going to get the chance to make up for that or be there for her. I cant get rid of the feeling I feel in my soul I feel so lost" I could tell she was trying to hold in tears as she spoke and I felt bad to see my best friend going through this.

****

After an emotional day during our lunch outing we went back to my house since Bernice was staying over. I was  waiting for Bernice to get done with her shower and come to the theatre room so we could watch our movie. I had the pop corn ready all this movie night just needed was her. She finally get's here dressed in a shirt that barely covered her thigh and boxers.

"Girl if I swung the other way I would be all over you right now" she gave me a wink plumping down next to me "but your not and you have a man you just don't know it yet" I stared at her confused at what she just said "what's that suppose to mean?" I asked my hormones slowly getting to me.

"Elijah" my head snapped towards her. "What?" I faked a cough "the way you've been speaking about him I think deep down you feel something for him. He's your soul mate and that connection is still there. Unlike me you have a chance to get him back" She said turning to look at me.

"Bernice what are you getting at? We barely talk to each other and you know we rejected him as our soul mate." I said "yeah but the connection is still there. You felt it, Beyoncé felt it and so did Rihanna. You all felt it. That soul mate connection is still there it never broke. You could say it's probably because Elijah never rejected you three but even still the fact that you three rejected him should have been enough reason to break the connection but it didn't. This should show you your bonds are strong. You three went through immense pain in you chest when Elijah was in jail, now we know it's because he was dying. Think"

Bernice gave a sigh "you might try to be stubborn about it. But you and I know Elijah has been more supportive during your pregnancy than Tyler despite the fact that he recently disappeared.  You wronged him we all did and we owe him a lot not the other way around. He might be cold but he's not evil I know for sure. He's fine ass fuck and he's been fine people just didn't want to admit because of the bad name he was getting. But now he's gotten more fine, lot's of women are starting to take interest in him. You've been checking out pictures of him on the internet you not slick. Am just saying don't make the mistakes I made you will be the one to regret it."

She was right I was stubborn. I didn't want to listen I was to hard headed to want to. "Let's just watch the movie" Bernice gave a sigh and I played the movie. My mind wasn't focused on what was going on in the movie it was focused on what Bernice said to me. I would be lying to myself if I said I wasn't evil towards Elijah, apologizing to him isn't enough for what I did. There is no day I don't feel guilty for what I did, I do I was just hiding in my guilt trying to keep my tough act. Elijah did best to stay away from us when in Oklahoma but he still took care of me when I passed out and even after.

Out of the three of them Beyoncé has been the one really trying to do better.  Robyn acted like she didn't care but she did. No matter how she tries to hide it, it sometimes slipped. I was the same. Right now all I should be worried about is my unborn child anything else can wait.

A/N: I decided to make this chapter about Miracle and her pregnancy. I have a good idea of making fall in love with Elijah and coming to a realization of her actions towards. You guys will see throughout the book. But I feel like I have to many chapter and now is the time for me to start having those slow burn moments and improvements in Elijah's career.