Chapter 25

Jude^^

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The NBA has been shutdown after Rudy Gobert contacted COVID and passed it to teammate Donovan Mitchell. This was announce before the game between Thunder and Utah could start. Hopefully everything would be resolved" Skip Bayless said.

"Yeah hopefully. But since we're talking about the NBA. Who impressed you this last couple of game's?" Stephen A Smith asked.

"I For me I will have to say Elijah Davies. He's been playing really well since he got back to the NBA. So far with 16.0 pg, 4.8 ass, 4.2 reb, 1.0 stl, 0.8 blcks, averaging 50% fg and 45% 3pt Thunder has only lost two games to the suns and Mavs since he started for them" JJ Redrick said.

"Yeah, yeah this performance isn't going to last he will be back to playing terrible by the time the season ends. I don't see him doing anything for the team. I still stick to my words that they shouldn't have taking him" Skip Bayless said with a face that said his mind was made up.

"Well as much as I would like to agree with Skip I would have to agree with JJ that he's been playing really but he still has a lot of things to prove. Skip believed he was brought into the NBA out of pity and for what Lakers formers owners did. But I don't really think so. I will just say Elijah as a lot to prove in this league. Let's not forget he went undrafted he wasn't really playing well in college or the G-league which might be due to not having enough help. But has he really improved" Stephen A Smith said.

While this TV segment was going on said Elijah was busy working out doing pullups. He switched from normal pull ups to behind the back pull ups. 

Elijah's POV:

I heard the criticism, they say my last couple of game was just pure luck, that I will burn out soon, that I won't even be good to be considered a role player, that I was taking in out of pity and to be honest I don't care. Haru thinks I don't hear them but I do I just let it go in one hear and out the other. I wasn't going to listen to their rubbish and mope, no I will use it as fuel and get stronger. I do deserve to be in the NBA and they will all see that whether they want to or not. 

I wanted to be the best not for them for myself and Priscilla. So when they are saying what they think I will never be am simply getting stronger. It's a shame the NBA has been shut down but till COVID is over and the league is back I will be improving myself.

I finished my last set of behind the back pull up dropped down and went straight to push ups. That's what I've been doing any way. I traveled to Japan and I have been here for a month now working on my stamina, upper and lower body strength, speed, endurance, ball handling, shooting you name it. When am not training am watching game tapes improving the mental aspect to.

I settled for normal push ups doing 100 sets of three. I didn't do to much ending my workout with squats. Then took a long run to the place where I normally rock climb it was huge but easy for me. I dipped my hands in my powder pouch after finding the best place to start climbing from. I made sure to have a strong grip on the surface before climbing using my leg to boost me up or sometimes just using mainly arms strength to pull myself. I continued climbing till I reached the top sitting on the edge while staring at the sunset.

1 year later

January 2021

"Come in"

I walked into the coach office waiting for him to explain why he wanted me "My reasoning for calling you is to talk about your new minutes and position. As you know we traded both Chris Paul to the Suns and Denis Schroder to the Lakers during this November transfer window. In return we got some 2021 and 2022 first round picks  along with Kelly Oubre Jr, Ricky Rubio from Suns and Danny Green from Lakers." Coach started off.

I said nothing letting him continue "We had Ricky Rubio run the point position with Danny Green running the bench. You've been playing really well since you've been here despite few minutes and the whole Ricky Rubio thing is not working our. So as for today you will be a starter for the team and your minutes will go up to 28 minutes a game. I trust you will be able to handle this new minutes?"

I nodded "yes I can" I said with full confidence "alright then go back and join the team practice." Coach said patting my shoulders. I went back out to practice getting ready for today's game against my old teammate and the Hornets. Once done with practice I went back to get ready for todays game. 

Since I haven't today I decided to make my self a small lunch consisting of green beans and baked fish.

I sat down in the living  eating my food while watching the Hornets last game against the Bucks. One person I knew would be a problem on the Hornets is Melo. He was now a starter for them and also their franchise player the player that Hornets wanted to build around and I have to defend him.

I finished my food and put the plate in the sink washing it. COVID ended the NBA was back we made the play playoffs but got kicked out first round. Sadly Lakers won the NBA title. New season started but I was on the bench only getting like five minutes. Now I was getting real minutes and bigger positions I was pumped. I was ready to take this team to championship caliber. I couldn't wait.

A/N: Elijah's finally getting playing minutes. Anyway next chapter I will be writing about the game.