Necklace

{TW: Cringe beyond belief}
{Show: ???}

When I first started attending Phoenix Drop High, I met a boy named Laurence. We became friends fairly quickly and things were going great between us.

He was walking me down the hall when someone bumped into my shoulder quite roughly. I turned backward to see who'd done it and I saw a boy with black hair and blue eyes.

"Who's that?"

"That's Gene," Laurence answered. "Y/N, you have to promise me that you'll stay away from him under all circumstances."

"Why? It's not like he's done anything."

"He has, you just weren't here to see it. C'mon, we don't wanna be late to our next class."

Laurence took my hand and we continued walking, but my eyes were glued to Gene. He turned around and noticed I was staring. My cheeks ignited into a bright red. He winked at me with a smirk.

I turned the hall so I couldn't see him but knew I'd developed a crush in the span of 5 seconds. Gene, huh? Well Gene, I think I'd like to get to know you more.

So every day, I found random excuses to talk to Gene. Yes, it did mean I had to break the friendship between Laurence and I but did I regret it?

Not one bit.

Gene made himself seem all tough but he was a sweetheart on the inside. He was so kind to me and not the bad boy Laurence told me he was.

Every day he would walk to school with me and we'd chat about random things. He gave me a beautiful necklace for my birthday and told me that as long as I had it he would always be by my side. From that day forward I took it with me everywhere. {Picture below}

Gene was an amazing guy and I was so lucky to have him as a friend

Gene was an amazing guy and I was so lucky to have him as a friend. That is, until he told me that he wanted to be more than friends. "Best friends?" I asked.

He shook his head with a chuckle. "No, Y/N, more than that."

"Best friends forever?"

Gene laughed and ran a hand through his silky black hair. "No, Y/N, even more than that."

I gasped. "You mean...."

Gene nodded with a smile.

"Mega best friends forever?!"

Gene groaned.

I eventually understood what he was saying and we started dating. We dated all through high school and ended up getting an apartment together.

I still wore the necklace everywhere I went.

~*~

Gene and I were cuddling in our bed, watching Twilight. I absolutely despised the series and thought anyone who liked it needed to die, but Gene enjoyed the series so I watched it for his sake.