Fall

I just got home from training in the afternoon. Ellie will come over in the evening for a cooking evening. We do this at least once a week and just cook something together. I love that we do that and it's always fun. I can't wait for that. She is still at practice at this time. I start to clean the house a bit. I know she never cares about the state of the house but I don't want her to come into a completely messy house later.

I'm just cleaning the kitchen table when I hear my phone ringing. I check it and see Ellies name on there. I wonder why she calls at that time. Maybe she went to the shops and wants to ask if we still need something.

"Hi." I pick up the phone.

"Leah." She just says in a breathy voice. Something is wrong. I know it in the second I hear her. She sounds like she is panicking or something like that.

"What happened? Are you okay?" I ask in a hurry. I worry about her. She doesn't sound like she is okay.

"Please don't freak out because I already panic." She says. I try to stay calm for her.

"Okay."

"I fell." She says in a cracking voice. She what?

"What?"

"I fell down in today's training. I'm at the hospital right now." She says. Shit. I know she was scared of this happening. I hope it's not that bad. I already go and take my shoes on. I will definitely go to the hospital now.

"How bad is it?" I ask.

"I don't know. It's my forearm and my ankle." She says. She is about to cry.

"Okay, baby stay calm. It will be okay." I try to calm her down even though I have no idea how bad it is.

"I'm scared, Leah. Can you please come here?" She cries now. I feel so bad for her. It hurts to hear her like that.

"Of course I will come. I'm basically already on my way." I say. I just went out the door to my car.

"Please hurry up."

"I will." I ensure her. I hang up the phone while I drive. I get so nervous when I come closer to the hospital. I really hope she is okay. I know she is completely freaking out right now. I try to drive faster but I also don't want to cause an accident now.

I arrive at the hospital just 10 minutes later. I don't even know where she is. I go straight to the reception to ask.

"Hello. I'm looking for Eleonore Collins. She must have come here an hour ago." I quickly say.

"Yes, she is just down there but please knock at the door and ask the medical team if you can come in first." The woman says. I give her nod and make my way down the hallway. I knock at the door and slowly open it. I see Ellie laying on a lounger in the middle of the room. Her ankle is taped up and her arm is also bandaged. She looks to the door with hopeful eyes.

"Are you Leah?" The nurse that is with her asks me.

"Yes." I nod.

"Good, you have been awaited." She laughs. I can imagine Ellie telling her about me. I step inside the room and take a chair to sit next to her. As I sit at her side, I take her hand and she squeezes my hand.

"It's okay. I'm here now." I say at her. She looks up at me with teary eyes.

"I'm so scared." She says.

"I know." I don't know what else to say. "Is it fractured?" I ask the nurse.

"The arm is fractured, the ankle just has a few bone splinters free. We will have to fix both in a surgery." She says. I hear Ellie sighing in fear. I know exactly what she is scared of.