What have I done?

The next day I don't have training. These are the days that I miss Ellie. I miss to spend time with her now. I wish I could have slept in with her and wake up just to cuddle back into her side. I wish I would feel her holding my hand and gently kissing me while I was getting ready. It was annoying but now I wish she would do it again. I don't have anything to do now but I also don't want to.

I'm playing the sudoku from today's news paper when my phone rings again. I take a look and it's Ellie again. So she didn't give up. For a moment I think about picking up just because I miss her so much today but I stop myself. I ignore it again. It gets harder to ignore every time. Especially because I don't have anything to do right now to distract me. My phone rings again. I can't do this anymore. I need to tell her to stop so she finally gets it. I pick up but I don't let her start to speak.

"Stop calling me. I said I won't help you and I meant that." I say in a loud voice. I'm about to hang up the phone again when Ellie speaks.

"Leah, wait. Please don't. Please help me." She says in a shaky and crying voice. She doesn't sound angry or in physical pain. She sounds so different. Something is wrong but it's not her foot or her arm. There is something else. I hear it in the way she is talking.

"Are you in pain?" I ask. If she says yes I won't come.

"Justin came here yesterday." She pauses. I don't have a good feeling about her next words. I hear how fast she is breathing. Almost like she is hyperventilating. "He... he had sex with me." She finishes her sentence. My heart stops.

"What?" He had sex with her? She would never do this. He must have forced her. That would explain her state.

"He raped me." She cries while talking. I hear her sobbing and shaking. I need to help her. This is a totally different scenario now. I immediately get up and grab the keys to her apartment. She gave them to me right after she moved in. In this moment I forget about everything.

"I'm coming. Don't worry. I'm coming." I say at her. I get my shoes and jacket on as fast as I can. I don't even take the car. I run. The way isn't that long and I can run pretty fast. I sprint through the streets without even thinking about it. I wish I could kill Justin right there. That is why he wanted us to break up. It was never about the job or the money. He just wanted her.

I arrive at the house just a few minutes later. I'm out of breath but I still run up the stairs. I can't waste any second now. If I would have known that I would have come here immediately. How long was she calling me already to tell me this and I ignored her? I unlock the door and immediately lock it behind me.

"Ellie?" I say just so she knows it's me. I take off my shoes and jacket and walk into the living room. Ellie is sitting on the couch with her knees up and her arms around her legs. She is shaking. I rush over at her and without hesitation take her into my arms. She wraps her arms around me and starts to cry into my chest. She doesn't stop crying and she is crying heavy.

"Shh, it's okay. I'm here now and I will help you. I won't let him come near you again." I say at her. She doesn't calm down. She is tightly holding on to my shirt and sobs in my arms.

"It's my fault." She cries.

"No it's not." I don't want her to blame herself for the disgusting behaviour of a man.

"I'm sorry, Leah. I'm sorry for everything I said and did. I love you. I really love you and I know you love me. Nothing that I said was true. If I wouldn't have been so stupid this wouldn't have happened." She cries. At least she apologised.

"Let's not talk about it now." I stroke her back. I want her to calm down first. "Can you tell me what happened?" I carefully ask. I don't want to force her to tell me.