Holidays

"Merry Christmas, baby." I open my eyes and see Ellie leaning slightly over me with a big smile. At first I get a bit surprised but then I have to smile.

"How long have you been awake?" I tiredly mumble and rub my eyes.

"Not long." She just says. She leans down and places a few small kisses to my cheek.

"I'm so happy." She says. I feel that and it makes me happy as well. She is always so sweet when she is happy.

"When do we have to go again?" I ask. We will spend Christmas with Ellies brother and his family. I can't wait to see the kids again. The next day we will also visit my family for another Christmas celebration and then we will spend New Year's eve with friends.

"3pm."

"So we have time." I lean my head back and close my eyes for a second. Ellie wraps her arms around me and lays half on top of me, hugging me. I feel her warmth against me. I love it when she hugs me like that.

"But I still have to make the dessert." Ellie says while digging her nose in my nose.

"What are you making?"

"Tiramisu. And little chocolate cakes for the kids." She says. "Before you ask, no you won't eat all the leftovers."

"I wasn't going to ask that." I say even though I was. I find it very attractive when she cooks and her food tastes amazing. I can't wait for the Christmas dinner tonight.

"I'll go walk Milow and you can start already." I say. Milow has been staying with us for a few days until we will bring him back to my mum tomorrow. We will take him to Ellies family tonight because the kids insisted on it.

"I want to walk him too. We can make a Christmas walk in the snow." Ellie suggests. That sounds like a very romantic and sweet idea. Surprisingly there is actually snow outside which isn't typical for Christmas.

"That sounds good." I agree and kiss her head. Ellie lifts up her head and places a kiss to my lips.

"I love you." She smiles.

"I love you." I repeat.

We stay in bed just a bit longer and then get ready for the walk. Milow is already jumping and running around as we come to the living room. He is still very energetic but so damn cute. We put on our coats and hats. I take Milow on his leash and we go outside. Everything is covered in snow and the air is chilly. There are not many people out on the street already. We just make our way to the park nearby for the walk.

"This is so magical." Ellie says while she takes my hand. This is indeed perfect. I love the sound of our steps in the snow. I look over at Ellie a few times and see her happy face. She looks beautiful as always.

"You look so beautiful." I say. I just can't keep it in.

"Leah, look at the view and not at me." She laughs.

"You are a hundred times better than the view." I say.

"You're cute today." She smiles over at me. I look at Milow running in front of us. He also seems to be very happy with the snow.

"Did you get the present for Emily?" I ask Ellie. The kids both get a present from us together. Raphael gets one of my Arsenal shirts and tickets for a match at the Emirates. I really hope he will like it. For Emily it was a bit harder but we asked Dave and Elsa what she wanted and they said she has been going on about Snow white from Disney. They probably expected a toy or something and we go that for her but we also got a trip to Disneyland for her and us.

"The tickets arrived a few days ago." Ellie says.

"I hope Dave and Elsa won't think it's too much." I say. It is a pretty big present to be fair.